20

October 20th

<Sean POV>

'Hey, bubs. You up?' I asked through FaceTime while packing a small carrrier bag with essential items.

'Mhm... I-I am n-now. Wh-why are you c-calling at this g-gnarly hour?' She mumbled, rubbing her eyes ferocious ly.

'Well... I know I usually call at night time but...we've got a day jam packed with training and classes so I don't know if I'll be able to call you tonight' I lied. 'And, the same tomorrow. Will's confiscating our phones at like noon so if worst comes to worst then I might only be able to text you a birthday message' I cheekily smiled, feeling slightly bad seeing the frown form on her face. It's gonna be worth it though.

'Oh... t-that's too b-bad' she sighed. 'I-it's okay'.

'I'm really sorry, angel. But I'll make sure we do something really special in honors of your birthday when I come back' I smiled, biting my lip to suppress the laugh about to escape my mouth.

'Sean, bro. We've got to leave now if we want to catch our flight.  Hurry' Julian practically bellowed. Shit. I gave him a glare, followed by the finger before pointing at the phone and spelling out Kaycee.

'Oh shit, sorry.' He whispered, standing up straight with his suitcase.

'Sorry, Kayc. I've got to go. Bye bubs' I waved giddily.

'Oh, a-already? Okay, b-bye Shamu. H-have fun' she frowned, her eyes losing that special glint.

'Shit Jules. You nearly ruined everything'. I brushed a hand through my hair, pulling at a few strands along the way.

'Sorry, dude. Didn't mean to' he sighed, one step ahead of me as he walked out the door. This is it. One more day, angel. 

.

'Terminal number 231 and gate 43, please board now' was heard through the intercom, as myself, Julian and a load of unknown strangers lined up behind an air hostess.

'I'm so excited, Jules.' I exclaimed, my heart racing as I neared closer to the inside of the plane.

'I can tell' Julian laughed, looking down at my foot tapping impatiently.

'Tickets and passports, please' a lady asked, a hand stretched out. I reached inside my bag pockets, sliding my hand around before they laid on the desired items. I laid it flat on her hand, squinting my eyes in hopes for her to check me in faster.

'All good. Welcome to America airlines' she chirped, pulling a rope barrier away so that Julian and I could enter,

'This is it, bro... I can see my Kaycee in just a few more hours'

'Few more hours? There's like a good 12 hours until you see her' Julian sing singed, bringing me back to reality.

'Just let me be' I sighed, lunging towards the door of the plane. I pressed a kiss onto my palm, before placing it onto the outside of the plane. 'Wish me luck, planey' I thought aloud. I could hear Julian slap a hand on his face as he dragged it down, mumbling something incoherent. 

'Talk about OTT' Julian vocalized, walking ahead of me now as he found our seats and took the seat beside the window before I even got a say.

'Thank you all, for choosing American Airlines. Please watch the video playing on your screens carefully. There is a booklet provided on the front of your seat with the same information. Thank you all and have a safe travel'. 

I glued my eyes on the screen, watching every detail and step as I pulled out the information booklet. 

Life vests under seats. I swooped down, checking under my chair and like they said there was a life vest.