xɪ.

ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ: xɪ.

It had been twelve years since Pavetta and Duny's child, a little girl name Cirilla, was born. The day of the girl's birth, Thazina saw a vision of Cirilla in a field, locked in an embrace with Geralt of Rivia. So eventually, it seemed, the Witcher would be forced to claim his child of surprise.

She had a vision one morning of a golden dragon in a cave.

And not a week later, King Niedamir of Caingorn put a price on the beasts head. Whoever could slay it would get the dragon's hoard and a vassal state in Caingorn.

While Calanthe didn't care much for land in Caingorn, the idea of riches did intrigue her. And so off Thazina went to join the dragon hunt, no matter how upset the idea of killing a creature so wise and strong made her feel. 

Calanthe forced her to bring along a guard, a young man named Faldrid who was more interested in staring down the front of her dress rather than actually guarding her, but what could she do?

And besides, it wasn't as if she truly minded the attention. Men had come and gone from her life for years, though they never lingered in her mind the way the witcher did.

She was currently sat on a wooden bench in an inn, sipping from a cup of wine. Faldrid was nearing drunk with his second cup of ale. The lad was nineteen years old and hadn't drunk much before this adventure. It seemed Thazina would make a drunkard of him yet.

She glanced up at the sound of the door opening and froze.

"Geralt?"

The word came out too quickly for her to stop it. He turned to face her, amber eyes widening for just a moment.

"Thazina?" he asked.

Beside him, the bard let out a groan. "Another mage?"

The pair was accompanied by an elderly man and two women. The man chuckled. "Well, let's sit with your friend here."

"I wouldn't call her a- -" the bard began but the old man was sitting down across from Thazina, Geralt and the women following suit.

The bard sighed, looking at the ceiling, bracing himself, before dropping into a seat. 

Thazina fought back a blush. "It's been a long time," she noted. "Twelve years."

"Have you missed me?" Geralt joked lightly.

"Of course," Thazina answered with a soft chuckle. "Have you missed me?"