xᴠɪɪ.

ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ: xᴠɪɪ.

In her dreams, Thazina saw Cirilla.

Sat on the floor of a small wooden cabin, a cloak drawn tightly around her shoulders, pale blue eyes wide. There was a man across from her, dark-haired and blue-eyed. His expression was a strange mixture of anxiety and calm as he told the child, "Don't scream. I understand why you're afraid."

As quickly as the vision had come, it vanished, leaving Thazina with an agonizing feeling her stomach.

Geralt was still there when she woke. They were still woven together, all arms and legs. Thazina's hair fanned around her head like a scarlet halo. Geralt was already awake.

He offered a smile as he reached to run his fingers through her hair. "It looks like you're bleeding," he noted with a faint chuckle. "You're so fucking pale."

She raised an eyebrow, chuckling as well. "Is that how you compliment a woman, Witcher?"

"I never usually stay long enough for compliments."

"Does that make me special?"

He snorted, smoothing his thumb along her jaw. "You've been special since the day I met you."

"To be honest, I thought you hated me," she admitted. "And why shouldn't you? All I've caused you are problems. You never wanted a child forced on you, and here I am telling you- -"

He stifled her words with a kiss. When he drew away, she smiled despite herself.

"We really ought to get dressed," she said.

He groaned, burying his face in her neck, kissing lightly. "Fine," he said.

As they dressed, Geralt spoke up. "We could make it back to the inn before sunrise."

She shook her head, not facing him as she answered, "I won't give up now. I feel horrible for what happened to Faldrid, but I will not stop. We're going to the top."

"Where did you begging me to go back to Cintra with you go?"

"That's different. I've come too far, Geralt. And I am not stopping now."

And then she heard Yennefer's voice.

"The dwarves are gone!"

Thazina didn't think. She turned and ran in the direction of Yennefer's voice, not even listening as Geralt called after her, "Thaz!"