15. Candace

" I thought you were dead though" I assured myself.

Candace just laughs and nods. " Yeah, I thought I was dead too. But I am alive thanks for caring" She scoffs.

" What do you want?" I begged.

" Justice. Period. I came back to make you pay, for what you did to me, and to Beck." She threatens.

I slowly began to feel hot, and scared of her. She has changed, she's not the weak girl I remember. She knows to much, and she's being a step ahead of me.

" It was an accident Candace, I never meant to hurt you , I was scared" I lied.

" Stop Joe. I thought you were going to be smart and make-up a new identity, but your Joe, Joe Goldberg. And well I know many things, thanks to Sarah. You have a girlfriend Natali Montez and I'm going to protect her you understand. Don't think you will get away with it again." She growls.

" Again? I never meant to hurt you Candace" I huffed.

" Yeah, well you buried alive and the worst of all you left me, because you thought I was....dead. When I got out, I found me a police station and reported your ass. But they didn't believe me, they wanted proof, and clever you took my phone. But this time, I have proof, and you will rot in jail Joe, I promise you that" She puts her food back into the basket.

" Now where the hell is Sarah?" She hisses.

" I didn't kill her, and I won't she's been a victim of your stupid plan. I am freeing her tonight" I snapped at her.

" Well we will see about that.. Joe. And we will see each other soon, bye" She gives me a kiss on the cheek and leaves.

I need to get rid of Candace she's a threat to me, and us Natali.

***

I went to a car store and asked for a Honda car, they wanted $1500 and I accepted. We did the paperwork and soon I was riding in my new car heading towards my baby. I parked and called Natali.

" Hey babe" She chirps.

Babe. Yes she's happy .

" Are you still working? Come outside to see the car" I sat excited.

" Oh babe, umm I'm not in town right now" She says disappointed.

What? Did she leave when I left?

" Oh, why?" I asked upset.

" Going to my family to speak with them. I want them to come over and meet you, or we go there and meet them" She surprises me.

 Family. I'm not really a fan of that, trying to get your father-in-law to like you. And make your mother-in-law think your really sweet, but these are sacrifices we make to be with the ones we love.

" yeaa that would  be a great idea and meet your family babe." 

" Thanks baby, your so sweet I here right with them, I have to hang up see you tonight. I miss you" She hangs up.

Well now I have work to do, search her parents up and get to know more about them so that it's a win.

I look at her social media and see if she has posted any pictures of them before, lucky me she did.

Her parents are Santiago Montez, and Laisa SanCortez to be sincere they sound important. I looked closely at the picture to see if you tagged them and ding ding ding, you did.

Your father is a businessmen in Oakwood Commons, building for financing and accounting consulting and your mother well, she is a private detector she is in charge of a police station. Fuck!! Let me say, how scary your mother sounds already, I need to step up my game, especially when your mother can search for me and know everything. I need to make sure she sees the good side in, and I will make her just you wait.

Since you are gone my Natali, I plan on checking up on Sarah and give her the great news about her freedom. I don't plan on killing her, I need to show you and Candace that I am changing, and I will, you have my word.

I get in my car and head over to my hotel. When I arrived at the door and went in something seemed odd.

The mail papers were misplaced, I usually leave the mail in the kitchen sink, but they are placed in the couch.

Maybe the janitor?

 I looked around my room to see if any disturbances.  I shrug my shoulders, I smiled and opened the door to reveal Sarah..... 

dripping blood..

cutthroat......

and dead..

Fuck me. How did this happen?

There is only one way this happened...

Candace happened.

Sorry guys, I know I haven't updated I was kind of stuck on this chapter. But let me just say this book will have two different endings, I want to see which ending was better but for now enjoy toddles :D