18. Soulmate

Natali shoots Candace, and even though I am relieved Candace is finally out of our lives, I never wanted Natali to become just like me. Though now that I realize it, she is crazier than me, how did she manage to do all of this? She lied to me, and yes I love her but now she isn't my innocent girlfriend, she is dirty just like me and I didn't want that.

" Honey are you okay? I immediately drove here when you called me" I hear Natali's mother running inside.

Great! I guessed she taught her these acting skills.

" Joe, hello my name is Laisa SanCortez, mother of Natali. I heard so many things about you Joe"  Her eyes darken, I guess she is talking about the real me.

" Hello, my name is Joe Goldberg, I hope your daughter said good things about me" I try and smile.

" Ma'am you can't be here, this is under investigation" This policemen said.

Laisa takes her badge out, and he immediately nods without hesitation.

" I am Agent SanCortez, and I'm on behalf of the San Diego Department, I am going to take over this case and ask these witnesses what happened" She snaps.

" Yes ma'am" He nods and tells his men to get out.

Laisa turns back at me, and sighs.

" Phew, that was easy. I am glad your father today is busy at work." She wipes some sweat of her forehead and smiles back at me.

There is a feeling that Natali's mother is even crazier. I'm surprised they let her take the case, probably because on her badge it shows she's head of the San Diego department, or should I say whole San Diego.

" Look Joe, I know everything about you, my daughter told me everything. In some minutes a Chief will come, and ask you questions, okay. You both need to keep your story straight. There is a lot of evidence that points to Candace as a suspect, but since the police saw Natali shoot her, they have to ask. You tell them that Candace called you, and she threatened to kill Sarah, if you don't come. You of course didn't went, because you thought she was just crazy and lying since she is crazy obsessive ex, until she calls you again, and you go to your hotel-" Natali cuts her off and takes the lead.

" Then you tell them that you saw Sarah dead, inside your hotel and when you went out to ask for help Candace pointed a gun at you, to be quiet. And then I come in, because Candace called me and told me to come or else she kills you, and well I take a chance to get the gun and shoot her because she had a knife and was going to kill us." She takes my hand and kisses them.

" I'm sorry baby, I am sorry you had to do all of this for me. You don't know how much I love you, knowing that you will do anything for me" She cries.

" When did you kill Sarah? And how?" I asked.

She pouts, and let go of my hands.

" You love her or something? You care about her?" She asks, jealousy in her tone.

" Noo, because I was going to free her, I was going to be a good man for you" I whisper so that no one can hear us.

" We will talk about that later, when we are out of here. Unless you  want to open your big mouth" She bits her lips nervously, as if she were challenging me.

I kiss her forehead and hug her close. 

Why am I acting like a dick? She just saved my life, literally. Probably because she is crazy maniac and she scares me.

" I love you" she tells me, a tear rolling down her cheek.

" I-I love you too Natali" I kiss her, and pulled her close.

A cough interrupts us, and I see Natali hid her face from embarrassment.

" Hello my name is Trent Jones, can I ask you some couple of questions?" 

" yes, yes you may" I head to him and sit down.

~~~~~~~~

" Both of you are free to go, sorry about the incident you had to face" The policemen gives us a pat on the back, and walks away.

" Mother" Natali hugs her tightly.

" Thank you" She whispers.

" Don't worry honey, after all what you been through and the fights with your father, I realized you was right. Take care. And Joe..." She strides up to me.

" Take care of her, she loves you" She hugs me and leaves.

Natali paces around my room, and her fists shaking.

" I'm sorry, of what I did. I know I shouldn't have done that. I killed her when you were away, when I was quote on quote at my parent's house."

" At first we were great together, but you, you kept distancing yourself. Leaving me alone in the darkness, leaving without a good reason, and then I thought about you cheating on me and I snapped. I knew you would be with Sarah, I followed you and your hotel and saw you two..." She clenches her fists.

" Together, and how you kissed her and I hated it. Next day you said you were going to the groceries, and buy a car, but I saw you back to your hotel, and I knew you were with Sarah. One day you weren't home, I took your keys, and went inside and saw Sarah in the little closet" She looks at me, a huge smirk on her face.

" And I uncovered her, and she was crying for help, and that you were crazy and she was going  to report your ass to the police, I immediately grabbed a knife and stabbed her, I didn't mind the blood stains because I did everything for you" She sits on top of me.

" And well I should apologize, because of all the things you had to do. I felt guilty that you had to do extreme things just for me" She kisses my neck, I grabbed her waist tighter.

" What do you mean?" I turn my head at her, our lips so close.

" I feel guilty that you killed Rafael.. his father.. and well Candace" She murmurs into my ear, sending sensational tingles down my body.

" How did you know?" I asked. I am so  I thought I covered my tracks, what did I do wrong?

" Well when I looked for you one day at the library, you weren't there. One of your people said you went out of the state, and then suddenly Rafael's dead, all the pieces add real quick don't you think" She grinds slowly on top of me. 

I try not to moan, and focus on the subject.

" I am so sorry Natali, you killed people and its my fault, I made you like this" I try and make her stop grinding but she goes faster.

" No, no. Don't act innocent, Joe I love the real you. The moment I met you, dark, brooding and funny. You were different, you cared. At first I tried not go get attached but gosh you are just delicious, and they way you said those poetry lines made me want you right there. I tested you and you passed, when I told you about Rafael and him calling me your body just tensed, and I knew your were jealous. The way you took care of me, when I was sick. When you left Sarah just for me, and now I know you are the man I want to have kids with, and grow old with." She kisses me, a long and sweet one, then stands up.

" But I have to ask you, do you want to be with me or not. Yes or no Joe? Do you really love me, now knowing what I am capable of?" 

Oh shit. This is the big question, answer yes and I'm stuck with her forever, and she would end up killing more innocent people. If I answer no, she will let me free right?

~~~~~~~~

Oh snap. What will the dark, brooding Joe say? Will he break her heart, or be the broken one? I am so surprised they got away with it, Natali really is a bad ass. But will Joe want her, now that she is the devil herself, or dump her for another innocent angel? Next three chapters are the ending, this book will have two different endings, please vote or comment which one was your favorite. Thanks, next three chapters I might spill some tea, never mind I can't wait.

You guys ready... I might make a sequel , the chapter ending that gets the most comment/vote will be taking on the next book. Choose wisely!!