Chapter 37:

I quickly get up and look for Alec. He was trudging towards me with a huge grin on his face. My eyes grow wide when I see what's behind him. A  brown bear!

"ALEC! RUN!!!" I warn but he's confused. He hears the bear roar and he takes to his heels.
I run towards the jeep with him close behind. He gets in.

"Hurry!" I yell and he drives as fast as he can whiles the bear chases the car.

"Have we lost it?" He asks me and I spy.
"Yeah!" I say with a heavy sigh.
"That's good" Alec replies but it appears in front of us and smashes the car. The windscreen shatters
I get out of the car with Alec and we run for our lives

"Where the hell did you bring me to?" I yell at him whiles running. The bear is a few feet away.

"I don't know! I always come here" he yells back.

"I think the bear just came here recently" he adds.

We run faster. My heart is beating fast in my chest and adrenaline surges through my veins
We finally come upon a cliff with a huge river below.
"Let's jump!" Alec suggests
"What?" I ask
"That's the only way"
"We can't! What if its deep?"
"We need to! Now take my hands" he says and I hear the bear heading towards us.

I take his hand and we jump before the bear reaches us. I swallow hard as we enter the water. It reminded me of a scene in Jurassic world. I resurfaced with Alec.
"Nikki are you okay?" He hollers
"Yes I am" I reply with the current of the water pushing me backwards a bit. I'm wet.
We swim to the shore. The water wasn't so deep but I don't think the bear would jump too. Alec and I get out of the water and stand at the bank. I squeeze my clothes and the water drains out.

"I'm so sorry about that" Alec says. His brown  hair is wet and keeps sticking on his face making me chuckle.
"Its okay! That was fun" I reply and a sympathetic smile graces his beautiful pink lips.
"But how do we go home now? We are in the middle of no where" he spits and I realise he's right.

I check my pocket for my phone but I guess I lost it during the run. Shoot!
"Do you have your phone here?" I ask Alec hopefully.
"Yeah" he says and pulls it out of his pocket.
"Call someone" I urge and he dials feverishly.

"Oh no! No no no!" He yells into the phone.
"What?" I ask worriedly.
"No signal!" He replies.

"What?" I blurt and snatch the phone from him and try calling my mom.
"Yeah no signal" I sigh disappointed
"What do we do now?" I add.

"We need to think! We can't stay here! Its too dangerous especially if there's a bear who wants to eat us" Alec spits.
"What about finding a way back to the jeep. Maybe we can find it before its late." I suggest.

"Its on the hill Nikki! How do we get there if we are way down here?" Alec says frustrated. He was right about that
"There should be a way" I say hopeful.

"What if there's no way? What if we get lost? What if we get attacked by another bear or worse?" Alec drawls out and I shudder.

"You may be right! But we cannot just sit here and do nothing?" I spit and walk further into the forest.

After walking, I stopped to look at Alec. He was still standing by the river.
"You coming or what?" I ask him
He sighs defeated and walks to me.

"Look! Nothing is going to happen to us! We will find a way" I assure him and he smiles. We walk together into the forest. I spot a few insects crawling on the forest floor.

💜💜💜
The forest goes on and on and I'm tired of walking. My feet hurts.
"I think we are going too deep and that can lead to something" Alec spits.