Chapter 69:

"Open it!" He tells me and I do.
"Oh my God! A golden retriever?" I blurt picking up the adorable little puppy from the box.

"How did you know I love dogs? Specifically, golden retrievers?"
Jake chuckles.
"Trina told me you love them so much"Jake tells me
" she told me the day you went missing from Troy's party and I had to take her home"

The puppy brushes its fur against my hand and it tickles.
"Well I love golden retrievers!"

"So did you buy it?" I ask him brushing the fur of the adorable little puppy.

"Yeah. At a pet store" he says

"Does it have a name?"

"No! You can name it whatever you want" Jake tells me playing with the puppy which had just leapt onto his thighs.

"I'm guessing its a male" I tell him
"Yes it is"
I tap my chin searching for a name.
"I'll name it tomorrow!"
"Fine with me"

"Okay so I have a question" Jake begins and I listen as he tries to cuddle the puppy.
"Do you like my gift?"
"Are you kidding me? I love it! This is the best gift I've ever received."

"More than Alec's gift?"
"Well Alec's own too is second to none but this is the greatest! Thank you so much! I'd kill to have a golden retriever so cute like this"
Jake chuckles.

The puppy gets down from the bed.
"Where is it going?" I ask Jake.
"Shhh....just watch" he tells me and I watch it make it's way to the back of a small cupboard. It comes back with a  rose in its mouth and I'm dumbstruck.

It climbs the bed and hands it to me.
"It is beautiful! Thank you" I say taking the rose from its mouth.

"Oh Jake this is wonderful"

He smiles.

"When is your birthday?" I ask him and he sniggers.
"3rd March. Already celebrated it"
"Oops sorry! But we can celebrate it another time"
"Yeah"
I continue to play with the puppy.
I glance at the time on my phone and I realise I have spent more than thirty minutes with Jake in this room.
"I'm sorry but my time is up! I need to go" I tell Jake and get up.
"So soon? Are you taking the puppy down there?"
"Okay can you look after him? I promise I'll be back to take care of him" I say and Jake nods as I hand the puppy to him.

"I'll be back my cute little pup!" I say sweetly.
"I'll be back Jake" I reply and kiss him lightly on the lips before exiting the room stepping into the crowded corridor. I walk through and look around to find Aaron. I spot Melissa, Jenna and Claire wearing similar costumes. It was like Kimberly's costume. Melissa's own was red, Jenna's own was yellow and Claire was wearing a blue one.
I see Kimberly make her way towards them. I spot Danny at the DJ area still controlling the music. There is no way he will know where Aaron is. I finally spot Troy talking to a few girls and I walk to him.

"Troy! Have you seen Aaron?" I ask as soon as I reach him.
He furrows his eyebrows as he looks at me.
"Who are you?" He asks and I smile. He doesn't recognize me.
"You are a really hot chick huh? Can I have your number?"
I slap my face in annoyance.
"I bet Kimberly wouldn't tolerate that!" I tell him.

"Come on! She wouldn't know. Just give it to me"
"Troy its me! Nikki!" I spit and his jaw nearly hits the floor when he finds out it's me

"Do you want Kimberly to find out what you have been doing behind her back? I thought you loved her!" I scold

"I do. I was just flirting you know! I'm just a 'flirt' " Troy defends and I sigh.
"Sorry about my behavior earlier" he apologizes and I grin.
"You better stop flirting with girls"
"I promise and please don't tell her"
"I can't promise you that"