Chapter four

Hunter's POV: 

Hunter's POV: 

"Bianca." Her name comes out in a low growl in my throat as her lips nibbles my collar bone. She hums lowly as a reply and I grab her hips in a firm grip from where she is nestled on top of me. "You're going to make us late for work," I let out a breath as she licks me up my neck, "Again." She pulls away and tucks a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.

"You're not stopping me." She points out and draws circles on my chest. "And you feel excited." She smirks knowingly and I groan before pushing her off me. "As much as I would love to ravish you now, we are going to be late." I get up and stretch my arms above my head. "You don't want Roxanne to threaten us again." I look at her over my shoulder with a raised brow and smile when I see her eye roll. "No, she's annoying." She gets up as well, my grey shirt falling just above her knees.

Her phone vibrates again from the bed table and I stare at her. "Someone misses you." I state and she grabs the phone, but doesn't answer it. "That phone has been vibrating all morning. Maybe it is important." She shakes her head and puts the phone on the bed before making her way to me. "It is nobody, Hun." She gives me a peck and I kiss her back deeply. "Now, go take a shower. I'll be there in a few." She playfully slaps my behind and I roll my eyes before going into the bathroom.

Bianca has been a bit different the last couple of days, but I think it is about Steph's wedding. Hell, even I am nervous and I am just a best man! I turn on the shower and the water blocks out Bianca's quiet voice in the room. They probably called again. I get in and the hot water relaxes my muscles. My mind wants to wander in to the past. The past that I try so hard to forget. The pain. 

The bathroom door opens and like the wind, my thoughts are swept away. Bianca gets in the shower and I turn to face her with a smile. She smiles back, but I this time I realize something. It isn't the smile that she usually gives me. I grab the body wash and squirt some in my open palm before starting to wash her. Her shoulders first, then her back. At first I don't say anything. I wait for her muscles to relax and it does as soon as I start to massage her back.

"What's wrong, baby girl?" I whisper into her ear and her shoulders tenses up again. "Nothing, why?" Her answer is quick and I turn her around to face me. "You're tensed. I know you better, Bianca." I stare into her eyes and she looks away from me. I feel my heart take dip. Did I do something wrong? "We're going to be late." Is all she says before getting out of the shower. I feel lost. 

We didn't get breakfast like we usually do, even with fifteen minutes to spare she insisted that we are going to be late. I try not to push her to tell me, but I know, or, I hope that she will at least. The drive is silent and she's staring out at front of her through the window. She doesn't even try to start a conversation. I try to ignore the bubbling feeling to ask her again and focus on driving to work. Even tough now I don't even want to, knowing that my girl is upset.

I park in my usual parking space and turn to face her. "Baby, can you talk to me please?" I ask lowly, but she doesn't answer. She just gets out of the car and walk up to the building. I stare at her retreating back and stay seated with a heavy heart. We were fine this morning, and last night. Last night was a blast. Even with her phone constantly ringing through the night, we enjoyed ourselves.

Who called her and who made her upset?

I am about to get out of the car when my phone rings, so instead of getting out, I answer it. "Hey, Tyler." I greet him, "Hey, Hunter. I just want to know something." He sounds a bit nervous. "Yeah?" I ask and sit back in my seat. "The babysitter bailed on us again. We need someone to look after Gabby while Steph and I head to the airport next week." I frown, "Why are you going to the airport?" I ask slowly and Tyler gets silent for a second. "We need to fetch someone who is going to be at our wedding." He answers, but it sounds more like a question. "Okay, sure. When next week?" 

"Friday." I agree with him and end the call before getting out of the car. Three weeks and it will be Tyler's and Steph's wedding. The two has become more and more worried. Tyler had to beg Roxanne to get time off just so that he can go on the honeymoon, they already got the wedding planned on a Saturday and the worst part was getting the clothes and decorations ready.

Tyler has no idea what the "color theme" is for the wedding, since Steph told him to get an all black suite with a white button-up shirt. The best men on the other hand has to wear a navy blue button-up shirt, but the groom may not know it. How she expects that to go as planned, I have no idea and why is has to be secret blows my mind. 

I head to the doors and enter the building, a cop immediately making his way to me. "You and officer Swansea needs to check out a crime scene." He speaks up and hands me some of the files. I open the files and take a look at the pictures before nodding my head to dismiss him. He leaves and I start to look around for Bianca. Maybe she's in the kitchen area. 

I head to the kitchen and stop when I hear whispering in the quiet hallway. I know I shouldn't be this curious. I walk closer to Officer Charles' office and stop when I hear footsteps at the other side. "I told you not to call me last night, Ivan." I frown when I recognize Bianca's voice. "I told you that you need to tell him the truth." Ivan speaks up and I reach for the door handle. "He doesn't need to know about-"

"Here you are, Bianca." I speak up while opening the door. I regret it. Ivan is standing very, very close to Bianca and her hand is rested on his shoulder. I swallow and close my eyes to obtain my anger. I could be overreacting. But what were they talking about? Who doesn't need to know what? "Hunter, I-" I speak up before she can finish the sentence. "We have a case. I'll meet you at the car." I give one hard look Ivan's way before storming out of the office.

"Hunter, wait-" Bianca grabs my arm and I rip myself away from her before facing her. "Why was he calling you?" I ask lowly, still keeping my anger under control. "It-he-uh," She stumbles over her words and I feel myself getting warmer with anger. "I'll repeat myself." The words are dangerously low. "Why was he calling you?" She stares at me with big eyes before looking over her shoulder. I do too to see Ivan standing there.

"You know what, fuck it. I'm leaving." I turn around and start walking again. "You can't do the case on your own, Hunter!" I ignore her as I shove the doors open and head to my car. I don't know what is going on, I can only guess and what I am guessing isn't good at all. I can feel my heart beating faster and faster the more angry I get and instead of unleashing it I start to drive to the crime scene before causing a crime. 

I hope that what I am thinking isn't the truth. Not after almost three years. Not Bianca. Not before I ask her to marry me.