Red | 2

Riley

She was about to open YouTube to go watch a video her friends told her to watch when she received for messages on Instagram from Natasha. Hmm, what's this? she opened it.

nat_daneyraa

nat_daneyraa: Riley

nat_daneyraa: p

nat_daneyraa: p

nat_daneyraa: p

im.not.riley: hi

im.not.riley: what's up?

nat_daneyraa: I need someone to talk to :(((

"Someone to talk to?" Riley asked herself, for all she knew, she wasn't the best at giving advices.

im.not.riley: yeah sure

im.not.riley: what happend tho?

nat_daneyraa: my mom and stepdad are fighting again

nat_daneyraa: no one is online except you, Pandora's not active, and Talia and Lena

Riley felt empathy towards her friend, she imagined what it was like if she was her.

im.not.riley: aww

im.not.riley: *hugs* come here

nat_daneyraa: I wish I can just like

nat_daneyraa: die

nat_daneyraa: everything sucks here

nat_daneyraa: like...

Riley took words seriously, so the last messages really hit her

im.not.riley: nat

im.not.riley: don't say that

nat_daneyraa: you don't get it

nat_daneyraa: i just

nat_daneyraa: want everything to just stop for a bit

nat_daneyraa: you know?

im.not.riley: nat

im.not.riley: nat

im.not.riley: don't say that

Instead of an answer, Natasha went offline immediately after she typed that. Riley wasn't the best in words, but she relied on instincts. Something was wrong, she could feel it. What should I do? she asked herself. What if her friend did something bad? What if she tried to do the unthinkable? Though her friend didn't look like the type, you never know. Riley thought.

She bit her lip, all of this seemed fishy. Something's wrong. I can feel it.

Without thinking, Riley typed in another message. If Natasha ever read it, maybe she would stop her from doing what she was going to do, but she didn't care.

im.not.riley: stay where u are

im.not.riley: I'm coming over to ur house

im.not.riley: idfc

im.not.riley: drop the address

Miraculously, Natasha replied after one minute

nat_daneyraa shared an address link

im.not.riley: okay

im.not.riley: I'm omw

She called the police, something was surely going to down tonight, best to not take any chances. Once she was done, she placed her phone in a small bag and went outside her door, not even bothering to close her laptop or freshen up, all she could think of was that she had to hurry. Oh god, oh god, I hope I'm not too late.

Natasha

She went offline just after she sent her last message to Riley

I wish everything could just...stop.

Natasha was tired of living with a man who was manipulative, mean, rude, and making life at home like a black hole she couldn't escape from.

"You can't be successful if your job is just to write something as low graded as fiction. Everyone can write that."

"Oh, you're having your period?" Darren asked when they were alone in the car together, he then proceeded to brake the car abruptly everytime there was a chance, making Natasha's body jerk forward, worsening her cramps. "Sorry, bad traffic." her stepdad fake apologized.

She remembered all the things Darren had done and said to her and her mom, and the longer she thought about it, the more she wished for her dad. Her real dad, the one who was understanding and caring, the one who'd never discourage her dreams. Natasha felt her chest feeling tight as she sobbed. I want to see him again.

Yes, that's what, she wanted to see her dad again.

She was growing tired of being here anyway.

Surely, there was a better place than here, right?

Natasha thought of the razor blades located in the bathroom cabinet.

If she wasn't blinded by sadness and frustration like right now, maybe she would've stopped herself or maybe not thought of it at all. But tonight, she didn't care about anything. Natasha climbed out of the bathtub and opened the door to the place where they stored aspirin, band aids, ulcer medicines, and other stuff.

Though she had done this a lot of times before, this time she felt a little scared. Her intention now wasn't to release the pain she was having inside, it was to make herself let go completely. Free herself to go to a world that would be better than the one she was living right now, suddenly a message came in.

im.not.riley: drop the address

Natasha didn't know what got into her, but she shared her house address anyway. Though when you see me it'll already be too late.

She turned on the tap on in the bathtub and directed the sharp end of the blade to her arms.

Cut. Not so deep, but there was blood.

Again, this time deeper and more painful.

She was crying, but she reminded herself that this would be over in a few minutes.

Slash. Natasha was getting used to this.

She thought of her mom, Amani, the WILDCATS group, she had disappointed them by not keeping herself alive, but she didn't care.

Her hand was now moving automatically. Slash, cut, repeat. Do the same on the other hand. Ignore the pain.

She felt so tired, so weak, bright spots danced in front of her eyes, the whole room felt like it was spinning. She couldn't move, too much. She heard someone force open the door and scream before her vision started fading out.

Everything went dark.