Free

3 Months Later

Pandora

It has been three months since the accident revolving around her friend Nat.

And it was three months after she was discharged from the hospital.

She still remembered what her friend said to her that day when they met in the library.

"Wounds don't heal instantly, so take your time."

Pandora didn't believe her when she first said that, all she thought about was that Luke's death was never going to leave her memory.

It was true, but now her emotions towards it had shifted.

The voices in her head were no longer fighting with her anymore.

They no longer blamed her for his death.

She had learned how to accept it.

Pandora knew there was no time machine that could bring Luke back to life.

But she no longer pretended that the funeral never happened anymore because it did.

And if someone asked her if she still loved him, her answer would always be yes.

But that doesn't mean crying about him on most nights.

It means she should take a step forward into the new life, and on new responsibilities

Pandora knew that after Luke's death, her life was never going to be the same.

She couldn't forget him, no.

His death would forever be a sad chapter in her book of life.

But then she remembered how much of the good memories they had together.

And she would be forever thankful for that.