TATBILB: Mr. Nice Guy

Do you ever think you would end up with the one you like someday?

I'm in my 7th grade. There's this tall guy who has a good personality. Eventually, I had a crush on him even though he sometimes cut classes with some boys who were our classmates. His name is Rodney.

He is like daddy long legs, always helping me, especially when I get teased. One time, my childhood friend, our classmate, teased me, and I cried because he just wiped my face with hand sanitizer. He came to the rescue and told my childhood friend to apologize. He is like my knight in shining armor.

Sometimes, when I think he is having difficulty understanding math, I would teach him because he would approach me. I also tutor some of my classmates. They have to come to me and say the magic words.

The most unforgettable moment that happened to me was when it was raining. I grab my umbrella and head home. I was walking when suddenly someone held my hand, and it was Rodney. He wants me to share my umbrella with him because he didn't bring one. That time, my heart fluttered, and I wanted to stop the time.

In the 8th grade, I felt sad because we were no longer classmates. My friends know I like him and plan to tell him because they are classmates. I agreed because, at that time, I wanted him to know that I liked him and wanted to be his girlfriend. My classmates told him that I liked him.

Fast forward to when I turned 12th grade. I chatted with him and told him I liked him when we were in 7th grade. I was shocked when he said he didn't know my classmates were serious. He thinks that it's just a joke. He also said that if he only knew. When he said that, I felt happy because I thought I had a chance. I'm glad that I told him how I felt about him. It makes me breathe like a needle was removed from my heart and ego.

Now, he has a girlfriend and is still going strong. We are good friends. I wish I could end up with him, but I'm happy because he knew I like him. Thinking about how I wanted to be his girlfriend in 8th grade, I was not that mature. Thinking about it makes me laugh because I'm so in a rush and immature. We still chat online, and we consider each other as best friends.