TATBILB: Mr. Silent Type

The best feeling is when the person you like likes you back. I thought, but what if it's just a lie?

I'm in my 10th grade. It's the end of class, and my best friends and I haven't gone home yet because we want to stay a little longer, and it's like a tradition. Suddenly, my best friend/classmate Neil asked if his friends could come and enter, so we agreed. He introduced us to his friends, and my eyes averted with this guy because he was silent and partly mysterious. And I started to like him. His name is Danreb. I like him because he has the qualities I like: tall, intelligent, and Chinito.

After a few days, I found his account and chatted with him. I confess that I had a crush on him. I want to know also who his crush is because he said he has a crush on someone. I forced him to tell me, and he said he liked me. I was happy. My best friends know it already. Every end of the period, he and his friends would go to my classroom, and we would go home together. We would eat outside of school. What I know about him is he likes chocolates so much, so sometimes I give him one.

One day, I find it hard to cross the street, and I'm also afraid. Danreb is with me, but he would ride a jeep while I cross the road and walk home. Maybe he sensed I was scared to cross the street, so he offered to help me. Every end of the class, it's like that. My heart flutters every time he does that. He is not sweet, but I find this behavior charming because he cares. Action speaks louder than words.

We would always chat every night. My best friend Neil said that we were good together, and he would tease us both. One day, I went home early because of an emergency. The next day, my best friend Sam told me that Danreb went to the classroom and was looking for me. I'm speechless.

It's almost the end of the school year, and I want to give a scrapbook to Danreb for remembrance. And it's also a gift because it's his birthday. The next day, I gave it to him, and he accepted it and thanked me.

My life was going smoothly, but once I met Rin, it was the opposite. Rin is the best friend of my classmate and is a classmate of Danreb. One day, we got together in our classroom, and Rin said something that triggered me. She and Dan are talking about something, and I am not dumb because they are talking about me. I heard it, and it's about me. I overheard her saying that Danreb doesn't like me at all. I felt sad, and I stayed silent. I know that Rin purposely said it out loud for me to hear it. When we headed home that day, I didn't talk to them. I thought that he liked me back, but maybe he just said it because I forced him, and the truth is, he doesn't like me at all. I kept my distance that day.

School is over, and hello, summer. Danreb asked me if I was available because he wanted me to go with him to inquire about this school near my house. I don't want to go, but here I am with him. A few weeks is enough to dislike him. I can say now that I don't like him anymore. It's ok if I go with him. I consider him a friend now.

When he is done inquiring, we head home. When I was almost at my street, he told me I would be careful crossing the road because he could not do that anymore. I nod my head. I gave him chocolate for the last time.

After many years, when I was heading home, I saw him eating, and he was shocked, and I just smiled and waved at him. Someone knocked on the gate when I arrived home a few minutes later. I went to get it and was shocked because it was him and Neil. Neil said that he called him and asked where my house was located. We talked for a while, and then they said their goodbyes.

I am not mad at him anymore. I can never be angry; I'm just upset at that time. I'm rushing to have a boyfriend and learned my lesson. I forgive him even though he hurt my feelings. I'm the type of person who forgives easily because I don't hold grudges. I like him, but we will be better off as friends.