TATBILB: Mr. Funny

Do you ever like a guy during the first day of school? I sure do.

It's the first day of my college life. I'm in my 1st year in college and heading to my assigned classroom. When I'm in front of my classroom, I tilt the knob and enter. When I entered, all eyes were on me, and I felt shy with their stares. I was stunned because someone greeted me good morning. I was shocked because it was the first time someone greeted me on the first day of school. A guy and a girl and I greeted them, too. I sat at the back of them. We exchange conversations. The guy who greeted me was energetic, while the girl was cute. They are comfortable with everyone already. The guy that greeted me, I like him. Like at first sight on the first day of school is possible.

I got a picture of him during our school's get-together party. It serves as a remembrance. After that, I realized that I no longer like him anymore. It's just for a while. We became close friends. His name is Kyle. He is funny, energetic, sometimes sarcastic, intelligent, handsome, and has lots of sense of humor. Those are the qualities that I like from a guy. I remember being goofy with him during our math activity. We are in the same group. We got goofy because he's the one who started it.

I was always amazed when he reported. When he participated in a pageant, I was part of carrying his costume. It's so heavy, but it's worth it. He was announced as 3rd runner-up. When the pageant ended, all my classmates, including me, went to him on the stage and congratulated him. I went to him and said my congratulations. After that, he hugged me, thanked me, and took a selfie together.

My friends and I once played "Never Have I Ever." The question is, "Never have I ever had a crush on Kyle?" my friends, Eliza and Raul, including me, admitted that we had a crush on him. I told them I had a crush on him during the first day of school, and that's it.

I didn't hear from him after I transferred to another school. I recently discovered that he got a girlfriend, and she is also our classmate in Industrial Engineering. Who would have thought they would end up with each other? It's the first time I like a guy on the first day of school. I admit that he caught my attention at that time.