TATBILB: Mr. Varsity Player

I've always wanted to have a varsity boyfriend—a basketball player, to be exact. I love watching basketball and to watch him play.

In our school, when I was in my senior year, there was a basketball practice every morning and a match every intramural. I always watch them play and practice. I will always cheer them on.

One day, watching them playing, this guy caught my eye. He is handsome and tall, and he is good at playing basketball. His surname is Garcia, according to his jersey. My classmate said that his name is Loid.

His face is familiar. I saw him somewhere. I remember he is from the STEM department (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). I messaged him on Messenger that evening, and he replied. We talked about random topics. He also teased me that he would find me and go to my house. He said that he and his girlfriend just broke up.

One day, he messaged me, asking who my crush was because I told him I liked someone in his department. I did not talk to him because I felt nervous and shy. He wanted to know badly, so I told the truth that he was the one I liked. It's a bad idea because he got mad at me. From that day on, we stopped communicating. I heard that he got back with his girlfriend. I'm not hurt; I felt guilty because he got mad at me.

Whenever I saw him on campus, I avoided eye contact because I felt shy, even though he didn't know me personally and we didn't meet in person. I couldn't let my guard down because maybe he knew me by my face. I would see him with his girlfriend at school. I know that they got back together. It doesn't matter to me if they get back. I'm thankful because I got a chance to talk to him in Messenger—my idol when it comes to basketball.