Chapter 19

"Ace, anak." she said and held his face.

Nataranta akong tumayo at lumapit sa kanila nang makitang umiiyak na si Tita Alicia. I held her shoulders and rubbed it, in hopes to calm her down. Instead of stopping, I think it made her cry even more.

"Anak. Anak ikaw ba 'yan?" my heart broke when I felt her shaking.

I looked at Aizer who was just looking at Tita Alicia. His face was void of any emotions. A hint of confusion was written on his eyes. He slowly removed her hand from his face and took a step back.

"Sorry po. 'Di ko po kayo kilala." He looked at me as if he is asking for help.

I swallowed the lump in my throat before looking away. I didn't know what to say. I was planning to tell them once I know the truth but I didn't expect this to happen. I even forgot the fact that his parents could see him here.

"Bakit. Ako ang Mama mo. Anak, mama mo." she pointed at herself. "Anthony halika dito." She pulled her husband up. "Ito, Daddy mo 'di ba?"

"Patay na po ang mga magulang ko." he said. "Bakit niyo po ba pinipilit. Ma'am Margaret, sinabi ko naman po sa inyo. Pinaliwanag ko na."

"Tita. Tama na po." I tried to console but she just shrugged me off.

"Ano 'to, Maggie." she looked at me. "Bakit 'di niya ako maalala? Ba't 'di niya kami makilala."

I was about to answer when Aizer entered the conversation. "Ma'am pasensya na po. Mauna na lang po ako."

"Ano? Pero..." I looked alternately at Aizer and Tita Alicia who was still crying.

"Baka po tuluyang masira 'yung gabi niyo." he fixed his glasses. "Sige po."

He walked out of the coffee shop without even looking back. Tita Alicia attempted to follow him but Tito Anthony stopped her. I saw how heartbroken she was when she sat down.

"Tita sa taas po muna tayo." I looked at my parents. "Ma, Daddy tara po."

My parents just nodded at me and stood up. I apologetically smiled at the other guests because of the scene that we made. I signaled Tiffany to resume the program.

I entered my office and saw them sitting on the couch. They all have a gloomy face and Tita Alicia was still sobbing. I quietly took a chair and sat in front of them. The room was very silent.

"Tita." I said to get her attention. "Tita, sorry."

"Bakit 'di mo sa akin sinabi. Margaret si Ace 'yon 'di ba? Buhay siya?" she asked.

"Maniwala po kayo. Wala po akong balak na itago sa inyo." I felt my eyes heating up. "Gusto ko po muna kasing makasigurado bago sabihin sa inyo. Kasi alam kong masasaktan kayo kung hindi naman pala talaga siya 'yon."