7

Ryujin bites her lip, being bothered by the awkwardness

Ryujin bites her lip, being bothered by the awkwardness. She greeted Hina this morning, trying to act like nothing happened. Like she never beat Hina's brother up, like she's not a mafia and like she never knows Hina is in a yakuza gang.

The same goes to Hina. She tries not to let any awkwardness occurs among them.

But that seems not to happen.

Hyunjin is completely clueless. What has happened to her friends? Ryujin tends to isolate herself and Hina starts to get closer to Jeno and Jaemin.

Regarding to the awkwardness, Ryujin's new hobby is looking at her phone - definitely to avoid being too obvious in this situation.

Call me when you have free time. - Abeoji

Even though most students prefer not to make any call during school hours, but Ryujin just can't wait. Talking to her father seems better than being in the classroom, not talking to anyone and just looking at her phone.

She walks out to the back of the building, where she thinks is the most suitable for having a private call. She's not sure if there are other students who use this place as frequently as she does.

"Yeoboseyo Abeoji, wae?"

"Yeoboseyo, dear..." He takes some time to decide how he should start the topic. "...I really don't want to, but this time it is unavoidable." He might seem like trying to create an excuse but he really doesn't.

Ryujin somehow can guess what thing his father is talking about.

"I know I promised you that that deal was your last time but this time, only you can help us. Be a secret agent please."

Ryujin chuckles. She can't say any word as she feels like she has been tricked by her father.

"Someone in K High's uniform caught your brother while he did the business. We need to find that person before he spreads thing but at the same time, we can't let Woobin does that or else thing will go worse. We can settle that if that person doesn't stay at the dorm. But we really need you if-"

"Abeoji, I let it slid once and never twice. It has nothing to do with me. It's all Oppa's fault and yours. I won't get tricked. It's not that you can't afford to send one of your men to disguise as a high schooler and find that person tho!" She ends the call. She knows that it's rude but her father really awakens her temper. She already is in such a mess with Hina because she agreed with the dealing matter, and she will not let anything more miserable to happen in the future by just agreeing with her father. Not at all.

"So I guess Abeoji and I are that invaluable to you, huh?" A voice appears from her back - and she knows exactly whose voice is that.

A second-year high school guy is standing there, looking at her with a deep glare.

"O-Oppa..." She's dead if Woobin heard everything.

And he does. "You know how much we pamper you? We treat you like a diamond. Have you ever seen Abeoji shows how miserable he is? No, right? Because he will throw away the gang's problems before he enters our house because everyone knows how much you hate to listen to even a single word about the gang. And why I even be bothered to attend this crappy thing called school when I already have a clear future of being the gang's leader? Because we don't want to make you feel different from other kids by having an uneducated brother. Yet after these hardships, this is what we deserve? Abeoji needs to go through all the difficulties just to prepare a disguise for this matter when he has a daughter already studying in this school? If I were you, I'll force myself to agree. Not because I've been tricked by Abeoji, but because I need to appreciate him." After the long words of showing how much he's frustrating, he leaves.

"O-Oppa!" She keeps on calling even though she knows her brother is really mad and frustrated.

She stomps on her foot. Woobin's words are true. Everything is true but she really doesn't want to do it. Argh!

──────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

Guy. That's the only information she got. Like hell, how can she finds the right guy from hundreds of them in the school? Even Woobin, the witness can't describe what the guy looks like as the incident happened in the night and he was too worried and turned his face back to hide his identity.

Yeah, she accepted the task to be the secret agent. Special thanks to Woobin for saying something so deep. Too deep that she feels like a rebellious daughter if she doesn't do the task. He sure knows how to manage his words!

Speak of the devil, she receives a text from Woobin.

Ryujin-ah, I hacked the guard's system and got a list of people who came back from school at the suspected time.
1) Lee Hyunwoo - Class 2-C
2) Kim Dongboon - Class 1-C
3) Cha Sungyeon - Class 3-C
4) Eun Giltak - Class 3-C
This is so far for today. This might work and might not. - Woobin

Ryujin rolls her eyes in annoyance. So how many time she needs to put the disguise just to watch those uncertain suspects?

Wait, Ryujin-ah. - Woobin

I hacked their phone and guess what? I found the video of me on that night in Lee Hyunwoo's phone. Things are going easier than we expect. Go find him. His location is dormitory. - Woobin

Ryujin's eyes widen. This is fast. No wonder Woobin is his father's pride. He really born with talents.

Help me with the CCTV then. - Ryujin

I can even do that with my eyes shut. - Woobin

Stop that old man bragging. I'm going to vomit. - Ryujin.

If you enjoy the chapter, why don't hit the vote! 😜