13

Ryujin is shocked to see an abandoned building

Ryujin is shocked to see an abandoned building. This is not a shopping mall. Her father told her that they are going to the shopping mall. But this is really not it. "Abeoji, why are we here?" And she realises something is not right when a crowd of men in black come out from the vans. They are her father's men and each of them is holding an iron stick. "Abeoji please tell me why I'm here!"

"Whatever happens, just stay here. Don't trust anyone." That is the last thing her father told her before gets out of the car and walks to the crowd.

──────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

The two gangs are facing each other. One gang with iron sticks and another one with baseball bats, glaring at each other fiercely.

"Now!" One of the men in the Mafia gang commands, urging everyone to run forward, swaying forward their iron sticks.

The Yakuza gang moves according to their enemy, but they will make sure to beat them up.

They keep swaying their weapon to each other, causing a very chaotic scene.

And in that chaos, a young guy escapes.

──────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

Ryujin is trembling. She's not used to this kind of situation. From inside the car, she can't see what is happening but she surely can hear screams and yells. The sound is quite blurry but she knows exactly what is the sound. It's the sound of people fighting. She can imagine how the men are lying unconsciously on the ground, with the blood splashing around. She can even smell the stinky blood through her nose. Her imagination and fear are totally possessing her right now.

The sudden knocks on the car window make her screams out of fear and shock.

But then looking at the guy who knocked the window, she quickly opens the locked door and jumps to him — into his embrace. "Oppa!" She cries on his shoulder, letting go all of her fear. She knows she will be safe with him. Always.

Yuta hugs her tighter. He knows how she feels. He knows she never been in this situation. She also knows that she is overwhelmed by fears — fears of losing her loved ones.

──────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

Seunghwan looks deep through the mouldy wall as if he can burn a hole through it. They don't decide about a confirmation for the bet yet. But there's also no statement from Nakamura Gang that they are rejecting the bet.

He was the one to offer a gang to gang encounter, hoping that that will distract the other gang from the bet. Yeah, he started to slowly regretting his decision, but his confidence is still there. It's 50-50.

But not until he saw how many of his men lying on the ground. He really made a mistake for underestimating Nakamura Gang.

His phone rings. He's about to slam it away out of anger — he's really not in a right mood to answer any call in this kind of situation but then he changes his mind when the caller is Ryujin.

He brings Ryujin along to this place just in case if the bet is still working. He should at least bring the bait so they won't tell them a liar or a coward. But still, leaving his daughter is not a safe thing to do.

"Yeoboseyo, why dear?"

"Come here now. Let's settle the bet. Your daughter's life is up on you." It's definitely not Ryujin's voice. It's a guy's. And Seunghwan knows whose voice is that.

"Shit!"

He runs as soon as possible to make sure he won't miss any single crucial second.

As he reaches there, he knows he missed that crucial moment already as he sees Ryujin is lying, eyes close on Yuta's lap, her dress is full of blood, with a dark spot in the centre of her stomach. Blood everywhere.

Yuta is holding a bloody knife — the blood even flowing down the knife. Sweat going through his exposed forehead, eyes wet of tears. And he's trembling — obviously that the knife slips down of his hold.

Masato reaches there after receiving the call, but looking at Yuta and Ryujin are covered by blood, he loses his breath. "Yu-Yuta, what have you done?"

 "Yu-Yuta, what have you done?"