chapter 18

I walk into the school the next day and see calvin smiling and walking towards me confidently. I think of my notebook but shake my head and convince myself that it was nothing.

“Hey.”

“Hey” and he comes up and kisses me sweetly. His hands  go to my waist but I pull away from him and open my eyes. Josh is standing in front of me smiling crookedly.

“What’s wrong?” he asks. I blink trying to change that.

“Why am I thinking of you?”

“Because you still like me.”

“No I don’t.”

“Then why am I here?”

“Because…” I think to myself. What have I done?

It should be Calvin I’m kissing. Just Calvin. Not josh. Just Calvin. So I shake my head but he won’t go away. He comes closer and his intoxicating smell takes over and he kisses me.

“I missed you.”

The worst thing? I didn’t pull away.

---------------------

I wake up surprised and sit straight up hyperventilating. It was a dream. It was only a dream. That’s all it was.

But it was so vivid. Like I was actually there. But I wasn’t.

“Get over it” I mutter to myself and get up and start getting ready for school. It took longer than usual because I couldn’t get it out of my head.

“Crystal?! You almost done?” bell yells down the hall.

I panic and change fast because I was just holding my mascara brush. When I am done changing, I realized I only had one eye done.

“Shit.”

So I get the other eye and rush down the stairs and we set out for the school in no time to spare.

“Took you long enough.”

“Sorry I was thinking.”

“About what?”

“Just… stuff…”

“Like what?” she questions while looking at the road.

“Nothing.” I mumble.

She doesn’t push it but I can tell she is trying to hold back the question. So I start to think again. That dream didn’t mean anything right? That doesn’t mean much.

So I walk in and see josh to my right. I smile at him but walk even faster and see cal come towards me with relief floating through his eyes. When I get to him, I kiss him slightly and flutter my eyes shut. But I pull away as soon as I come in.

“Hey.”

“What’s up?”

“Just wanted to see you. I missed you.”

“It’s been a day.” He jokes. I playfully glare. “So you don’t miss me?”

His eyes widen in mock fear but turn to playful. “Of course I do sweetheart. Its been so long and I’ve been dying without you.”

I whack him and start to walk away from him.

“Crystal.” He whines. I look to josh and his back is from my face but I can tell he is tense. He doesn’t really know about us I guess. I guess this is a wakeup call. I don’t answer to cal. Just keep walking. But he is faster and comes in front of me.