Luna Lovegood- Sad (a)

The past few days you couldn't help but feel down, nothing in particular was keeping you up at night or flashing through your mind, but something clearly was and that was not a burden that you wanted to put on your wife, Luna. She however, clearly had different plans and whereas normally her superb, sometimes otherworldly grasp on reality was a blessing, when trying to hide something from her it was an insufferable curse. You tried to hide it by trawling through your usual daily hobbies, studying and reading but it was almost impossible to actually focus on doing them.

"So, are you going to tell me what's wrong or are you going to make me figure it out for myself?" The book that you were skimming through almost flew from your grasp as Luna crept over your shoulder. "Because it isn't very difficult to see that something is making you sad, and if you tell me, maybe we could come to some kind of solution. To be honest, I understand being sad, I have felt it for a vast portion of my life, and I have gotten used to it, but when it's somebody else, it feels much worse."

"I'm fine." The book you held had been the centre of your studies for a few weeks now, a thick and aged tome full of complex potions and concoctions that you had been reading through and brewing one by one but now may as well have been filled with an alien language.

"No, no you aren't. I can see it from a mile away. Tell me now because I'm only going to continue pestering you until the problem becomes me."

"That is the issue, there isn't a particular problem that I have, I just feel completely drained and fed up." You tossed the book from your stomach, it hit the floor with a mighty whack but Luna quickly picked it from the ground and placed it carefully with the rest of your studious materials.

"I think the best solution then is quite simple." Luna pushed your legs from the sofa and plopped herself down where they lay before pulling you into her and wrapping her arms around you. Once she had made sure you were comfortable, she did not hesitate in listing off how she was going to cook your favourite dinner, dig out the box set of your favourite television show that you could watch together and go to the store to stock up on your favourite snacks. "And then after all of that, if you're still sad we'll just have to take a day and have a trip somewhere nice."

~*~

Written by Aaron.