Meeting

SARAWAT

He's here. He's really here. After our conversation about what happened to him, I excused myself to go to the washroom. I just can't absorb it, Tine is back, and he's here inside my office. I looked at myself in the mirror in front of me and I shook my head. Damn. He's here, but he can't remember me. I sighed.

I washed my hands and went back to my table. He's now walking towards me, I pinched my arms and bites my lower lip to stop myself from reacting. I looked at him blankly as he rubbed his eyebrow with his forefinger.

Ahhm, sir, since you wouldn't let me go home, can I use your washroom? I'll just fix myself.” he asked while pointing his pants.

“No,” I answered and took a glance at him when he's not looking to watch his reaction. He frowned and pouted. Cute.

“Then I'll just go home. I don't want to feel this sticky feeling all day.” he complaint and turned his back at me. I smirked at his reaction.

I was watching him when someone suddenly knocked on the door and walked in. Earn.

“Ah, Mr. Guntithanon, here are the papers for this week's agenda.” she politely said and handed me the papers.

“Earn!”, Tine called her.

My forehead automatically wrinkled. Tine remembers her? I asked myself internally.

“Tine!” Earn nervously answered then look at me slowly.

“I'll go out with you. I need to go home because I spilled tea on my pants.” he explained to her while smiling. I rolled my eyes, hello? I'm still here.

“You don't need to, you can use my washroom. And Earn, please buy a new pants for him to wear.”, I said without looking at them.

I'm really getting curious of how did Tine knows her.

Earn followed what I said right away. As soon as she came back, Tine's gone to go to the washroom.

“How come he remembers you but not me?” I asked Earn.

“Well, he did not. We just met last week, I introduced myself as one of his old friend when he was still here.” she explained.

I just nodded.

“Don't tell him something about us,” I told her before slowly grabbing her wrist, asking a favor.

“Now's not the right time for him to know who I was in his life.” I continued.

But why? Isn't it too unfair? He needs to know who you are, he needs to know that you guys used to be—”

“What?” a voice interrupted her before finishing what she was saying.

I panicked and let go of Earn's wrist when Tine looked at us seriously as he walked towards us and grabbed something on his bag. Damn.

Ahh, I— I mean, we used to be bestfriends. We were best of friends, we used to play football together back then. Then you suddenly disappeared like a bubble, that's why I'm sulking earlier because you left without telling me.” I explained.

Earn looked at me in disbelief but I just closed my eyes. I don't want to lie but I need to. I don't want to force him remember me or us.

Really? I have a cool bestfriend like you? I'm sorry for what I did, let's hang out again some time.” he happily exclaimed and went to the washroom again.

“Do not dare meddle with my business. Just do what I said.”, I warned her this time.

She just nodded and bowed her head then went out of the office.

I sighed.

I don't want to be rude to her cause she's still a friend but I was left with no choice. I need them to cooperate. I'll help Tine remember everything without him knowing, I'll do whatever it takes.

How about the Scrubb concert for our first hang out?

TINE

I went out from the washroom and saw Earn and Mr. CEO talking seriously. I actually left the washroom to take my phone with me inside because I want to take a selfie and mirror shots inside. Hehe. It's so beautiful inside!

I distracted them even though I don't know what they're talking about. But I got curious when they both seems so tense especially Mr. Guntithanon.

I just found out that the CEO and I used to be not just friends, but best friends! So cool.

I need to make it up for him because I feel like I owe him bigtime. Then if we become more comfortable with each other someday, maybe he'll let me use his washroom without any hatreds or hard feelings. I giggled at the thought.

But wait, let's say that we're best friends, how come my friends(Ohm, Phuak and Fong) didn't mention about him? I thought.

Oh maybe, different circles. I added.

I stepped out of the washroom and saw Mr. Guntithanon already sitting on his swivel chair, Earn's already left. I walked quietly trying not to get his attention.

“What are you doing?” he asked while looking at me with one eyebrow raised.

“Ahmm.. walking?” I answered in the tone of ‘obviously’.

“Yeah, I know. But the way you walk makes you look stupid. Stop it.” he seriously said. I pouted and walked into the other table in front of him.

“What shall I do? Hmmm, I asked myself. Aha!

“Sir, what is your nickname? Mr. Guntithanon is too long and too formal, sounds like scary guy.” I asked him.

“You shouldn't be asking that. Let me remind you, you're my employee and I am the boss so shut up.” he answered.

“You said it like we weren't friends,” I whispered.

“Do I have something to do? If none, maybe I should get going.” I told him and leaned forward.

I heard him cursed under his breath.

Sarawat or Wat.” he suddenly stated.

I looked at him confused about what the hell he's saying. He just pinched the bridge of his nose and,

“My nickname. You're asking for it, right?”

I giggled. He's so grumpy.

“Okay so from now on, I'll call you Mr. Wat. Sounds cool right?” I said while moving my eyebrows up and down.

“Whatever you say, Mr. Teepakorn. Just please sit and calm down.” he said softly.

“Just call me Tine but others call me Tine Chic-chic because girls love to date me as well as I am to them. But for you, just call me Tine.” I told him while smiling so wide.

He just stared at me for a minute and nodded then continued what he's doing. I wonder why he doesn't want me to go home, but nevermind. I just realized one technique, everytime he refuses me, I'll just always say that I'd go home. I giggled.

I stopped giggling because I caught him glaring at me this time. I innocently looked at him until he stopped and continue his business. I covered my mouth with my hands so he wouldn't hear me.

My first job isn't that boring, I guess? I hope so.