Nightmares

SARAWAT

“..and he told me to inform Sarawat and Earn because their band is requested for the opening of the event.The other members already responded that they would come if the leader agreed.”  Boss continuously announced.

It's on me now.

“Why? Aren't there any other bands at the University?” I asked.

“Wait I'll ask,” he replied.

“The duo personally requested to invite the 4-year former champion of battle of the bands from year 2020-2024. They wanted their comeback to be a huge reunion not only for their fans but also the Ctrl-S' fans.” he read the text.

I sighed. After we graduated we barely have time to play so we decided to just stop. Many fans argue but they didn't have a choice.

“I'll think about it, but there's a possibility that I won't.” I said.

Oiiii!! Why still think about it? Go for it! You're so lucky, you'll have a chance to be on same stage with them. Not everyone has an opportunity like yours. ” Tine contradict me.

I looked at him.

“Do you think I should?” I asked him and he nodded many times.

“Okay. Call the other members to let them know that I accepted the invitation,” I said then signals Boss to do it.

“..and tell them that my house is available for band practice, just let me know whenever they want.” I continued.

Boss just nodded while typing.

“Don't you want your final rehearsal to be at L Co Hol?” Man playfully asked.

“Why not? ” I answered and smirked.

We both laughed.

“Are you excited?” I asked Tine and he nodded immediately while smiling.

The smile that caught my attention.

I looked away when he looked at me too, I sighed. Being lost inside his eyes was my favorite since then.

I stood up and excused myself to go to the washroom. I was walking when someone bumped me.

“Sorry, sorry,” he repeatedly told me while bowing.

“It's fine, sorry to— Mil?” I asked him surprised. It's been years since we talked.

Sarawat? Bro!” he said then gave me a bro hug.

“When did you come back?” I asked him.

“Yesterday. I'm here with my family and I'm meeting your baby bro later.” he told me.

Phukong and Mil are together since 2020, I can say that they are unbreakable.

“Oh? You're still together? Why?” I jokingly said.

“What? You moron!” he exclaimed then hit my shoulder.

“By the way, you're with your friends?” he asked.

I nodded,“Yeah, I'm with Man, Boss and.. Tine.”

“TINE?!” I hit his arm when he shouted.

“You're still together? I mean, he came back to you?” he asked.

“No,” I answered honestly.

“He can't remember us, maybe including you, he was in an accident 4 years ago and his head was damaged. He just came here last-last month to remember everything and we just met almost one month ago. He works on my company.” I explained.

He looks so surprised, he just nodded.

“By the way, there'll be a back2back concert this coming May 8 at the University. My band would be there for the opening remarks. If you have time, you should come.” I invited him.

“Sure, sure. I'll bring Phukong with me.” he said.

I nodded then waved him my goodbye. I'll I want to do is pee and wash my hands, I thought.

I walked towards our table and they are all looking at me suspiciously.

“Why?” I asked.

“Did you poop? You're almost 30 minutes in the washroom.” Man told, accusing me.

“What? No! I bumped into someone on the way there so I was delayed.” I explained.

“Who?” he asked.

“Mil.” I answered.

“Ahh..,” he said

“WHAT?!” he shouted when he realized what I said.

“Yeah, he's back and I bumped him earlier. We talked a little,” I narrated.

“Who's Mil?” Tine asked.

“A friend from college.” I answered.

He just nodded. I feel bad for him, he can't remember some things that are worth to be remembered.

“What are you playing this coming concert?” he asked me again.

“It'll be discussed when my bandmates and I practice.” I answered.

“Can you play Scrubb songs?” he suggested.

“I fear not. The Scrubb would be there to play their own songs so we have to think of another song.” I explained.

He nodded as if he realized what I'm pointing out.

“But we can play it on our final rehearsal,” I added.

“Really? Can I come and watch?” he excitingly asked.

“Sure. Come with us. I'll just notify you when and where,” I said then smiled at him.

“Okay. Okay.” he replied smiling showing his front teeth.

After another half-hour, we decided to go home because we all have work tomorrow. It's been a long enough day for me though. I signed many papers and read files.

I sighed as I massage the back of my neck. I'm so tired.

I took a shower and doze off.

“He already left the country.”

“Stop hurting yourself Sarawat! Grow up!”

“He said he didn't love you anymore. So please help yourself and move on! My brother won't come back!”

“He already met someone else,”

——

Catching my breath and wiping my sweats, I was woken up by the nightmares. Nightmares about what happened to me when Tine left. Bullshit.