Fool's Gold

TINE

We reached the convenience store, the same store where I first met Earn. I smiled at the thought. I felt Sarawat poke me so I look at him, “Why?” I asked.

“Nothing, why are you smiling?” he curiously asked.

I shook my head then smiled. I headed towards the cashier counter to pay for the drinks and foods that we picked. While waiting for Sarawat who's still choosing some chips, he said he's suddenly craving for something.

“Give me another minute, my friend's still choosing.” I told the cashier lady. She just nodded then looked at me as if she's trying to recognize me, I was startled when she suddenly clapped her hands.

“I know you!” she said while pointing me. I also pointed myself while giving her a look of confusion.

“You're the customer that I accused as a crook, right? Because you said you forgot your wallet at home, right?” she said while poking her chin as if thinking.

Oh, right. She's the cashier in charged that night, I almost forgot. I thought. I was about to answer but Sarawat arrived then gave me his chips.

“...but you were helped by the beautiful girl, right? Did you pay her back already?” the cashier continued. Sarawat gave me a look, confused of why the cashier's talking to me as if we're friends.

I just smiled at him then turned to the cashier, “Yeah, yeah. I already did. We're already done, please add these.” I said then handed her the chips.

“Thank you, see you again around.” I told the cashier, smiling.

“Thank you again sir, sorry again for what happened last time.” she said then bowed. I just nodded then gave her an okay sign.

“Ay wait, sir!” she called me again when I and Sarawat was about to go out.

“The girl is very beautiful and you are very handsome. You'd be a beautiful couple. I almost peed on my pants while watching you guys talking,” she shouted giggling that caught the attention of other customers. I can feel my face heating up because of shyness.

My eyes widened when Sarawat suddenly pulled me out of the store, half running.

“Wait, wait, wait! Let me breathe.” I stopped him.

I just heard him, Tsss,”

“Why are we running? I almost died trying to catch my breath,” I complained, overreacting.

He didn't answer and just continue to walk, I half run a little to reach beside him.

We arrived at my room in no time, no one's still talking. I prepared our drinks and chips to the living room while he just sat beside me. He suddenly stood up then walked, I watched him as he got the guitar at the right side corner of the living area.

“It's been months since the last time I used that, I think it needs to be tuned first again before using.” I told him while he's getting it out of its case.

I didn't wait for him to answer, I excused myself then went to my bedroom to change my top. I also brought one for him in case he wants to.

I went back to the living room then found him tuning the guitar. Oh, I was right. I handed him the shirt that I brought then told him to change that he immediately followed.