Chapter Two - Past

Chapter Two - Past

Senior Year

    "Armin! Just ask her dammit!"

    I pushed a red faced Armin towards Annie. It was times like these I was glad I was stronger than I was smart. It was also times like these that Armin wished he was stronger than he was smart.

    Annie watched Armin closely, a small smirk threatening to play on her pink lips. Armin was a nervous wreck, but I knew he could do it.

    "What is it?" Annie asked with her usual monotone voice. Although, she didn't seem annoyed with him like she did with most people.

    "I-I, uh, was wondering, um, if y-you want to, you know, g-go out with, um, me?"

    Armout was biting his lip nervously, waiting for Annie to give him an answer. He didn't dare look up at her, he didn't want to face her more than likely rejection.

    That's what he thought at least.

    I really wish the blonde coconut had more confidence in himself.

    Annie slowly got a smile, which was pretty rare. "Sure."

    Armin's head rose quickly, his eyes wider than I have ever seen them before. His face was the shade of a tomato, and I couldn't imagine how fast his heart must be beating.

    "R-Really?"

    She nodded, the same smile on her face. Armin got the most genuine smile on his face, I couldn't help but smile too.

    "Yay, you guys are together!" Sasha exclaimed. "Now let's celebrate by getting some food!"

    Her and Connie ran to the lunch line, trying not to run into anyone, but still bumping into people either way.

    I laughed and walked the lunch table we all sit at, Armin and Annie following. I sat down next to my friends.

    There's my best friend Armin, my adopted sister Mikasa, there's an asshole, a freckled sweetheart, there's Sasha, and then there's Connie.

    Okay, okay, I have more than six friends. Yeah. Yeah, there's, um, Reiner, Bertolt, Ymir, Krista, and Annie. They usually come and go as they please, but we'll probably see more of Annie now.

    "What's up Horse Face?" I mocked with a grin.

    Assho- I mean Jean gave me a glare. "Oh shut up, Jaeger Bombastic."

    The two of us started bickering while Mikasa just watched us and listened, probably thinking about how stupid we were right now.

    "Now guys," a sweet voice started to say, "stop arguing. It's a nice day today, there's no need for arguments."

    Jean sighed. "Fine," he muttered. I didn't say anything, but I gave one last quick glare to the horse. Marco was the only one who could get Jean to behave and get him to stop arguing with me. I mean, Mikasa could too, but since she's stronger than him and me, it makes sense why we would both stop.

    Jean and Marco were together a lot. To be completely honest, I think that they're secretly dating or something. They haven't said that they are nor hinted at it, but basically everyone in our, "group," I suppose, thinks that they are.

    Maybe they are and are too afraid to tell everyone. I really hope that's not the case. They shouldn't be afraid to say that they like each other. I'm positive that none of us would look at them differently and we wouldn't think they were some disgrace walking this earth and going to Hell for liking the same gender.