Chapter Five - Present

    I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I groaned loudly and ran my hands down my face. I had to go to the café and see if they would hire me.

    I have never related to a Bruno Mars song more in my life than I did right now.

    I don't feel like doing anything today.

    Regardless of how I felt though, I got up out of bed and made my way towards the restroom. I decided to take a quick shower before I headed in.

    Once I got out, I dried my hair as much as I could and made my way towards the closet. I grabbed a plain black shirt, a black and red flannel, black jeans, and some red converse.

    I never really noticed how much dark colors I have until now.

    Maybe I'm going through a phase.

    I shrugged and did everything else I needed to do before heading out the door. It was warmer today than it was yesterday, but it was still cold nonetheless.

    I quickly walked towards the café. I practically ran inside the building once I got there. It was much warmer. It smelled like all different kinds of coffees and teas and sweets all rolled into one, and oh my God it smelled absolutely amazing.

    I took a deep breath and slowly made my way towards the counter. There were a decent amount of people here, but not too many. I guess it's probably one of their slow days.

    As I was walking towards the counter, I noticed two guys behind it. They were laughing and both were blushing. It was extremely obvious that they both had feelings for the other.

    "Um, hi," I started off awkwardly, "are you guys hiring? I really need a job and someone told me some café was hiring and I assumed it was this one.."

    The guy with the long face turned away from the other male with the freckles and faced me.

    Whenever we made eye contact, his breathing hitched. I raised an eyebrow and looked at the guy with the freckles. It was clear that he was pretty shocked too.

    The guy with the horse like face cleared his throat. "Y-Yeah, we're hiring. In fact, I'm actually the manager."

    "Um, sweet." I rocked back and fourth on my heel and tapped my fingers on my thigh. "So, do I need to fill out anything or?"

    The boy with the freckles gave me a smile and let out a small laugh. "Well, you don't do drugs right? No contagious diseases, haven't been to jail, aren't wanted in several states?"

    "God, Marco," the horse said with a chuckle.

    I gave the Marco fellow a small smile. "Nope. I can assure you I don't get high in my spare time."

    "Alright then. I'm Jean. This is Marco. You can introduce yourself to everyone else if you want. Today is a slow day, but it'll probably pick up later in the afternoon." He stopped talking for a moment to grab an apron. He tossed it to me and I barely caught it.

    "T-Thanks," I stuttered, caught off guard.

    He nodded. "Right, well, your job will be pretty simple. You'll work Monday through Friday from the hours ten to two. If you want, you can come in on the weekends to get paid extra, but it's not mandatory, we have people who actually work those days. You'll make the drinks, bring the customers their drinks, and maybe clean tables up. We have a guy who cleans because he somehow actually enjoys it as a hobby, but you'll definitely do the first two. If you somehow have any questions, ask now."