Chapter Four - Past

Chapter Four - Past

Senior Year

    "You're with Rivaille."

    I just sat there completely shocked. Holy fuck. I didn't even know he was in this class. He doesn't talk to anyone and I don't think he wants anyone to talk to him. I hear from people that he's a complete asshole and is rude. He's also apparently pretty strong.

    I let out a small sigh and gathered my stuff. I slowly made my way towards the back, hoping I wouldn't mispronounce his name when I would have to talk to him. He didn't even bother to look up from his sketch book whenever I sat down.

    Riva... Levai... Ravai... Ravioli...

    "Uh, hey."

    No reply.

    I sighed. I stayed quiet for a moment, thinking about what I should say. I could be nice, or I could be blunt.

    I guess I'll try both.

    "So, what do you want the project to be about?"

    Silence.

    "Look, you clearly don't want to do this, I clearly don't want to this, so why not just get it over with, right?"

    "I never said I didn't want to do this."

    "You didn't have to."

    He paused a moment before saying, "You're not as stupid as you look, Jaeger. But I'm guessing you're still pretty stupid."

    I flinched a bit. "Well, you're a lot ruder than you appear Ravio- I-I mean Levi."

    His head shot up whenever I mispronounced his name. He gave me a glare that could kill a man. He himself could most likely kill a man.

    I wouldn't be completely surprised if he has.

    "Stupid shit," he mumbled.

    I somehow gathered enough courage to glare back at him. "Enough with the fucking insults. Can we just get this project done as soon as possible? You aren't helping with your Teletubby sun like attitude.

    He glared at me again for a couple of seconds before muttering something under his breath I couldn't understand, probably about why the fuck I mentioned Teletubbies. He closed his sketch book and put it in his black backpack. He then leaned back in his chair while his arms were crossed over his chest.

    Levi didn't say anything to me, but I guess this was his way of saying, "Even though I fucking hate your guts, I, the magnificent Ravioli, will silently agree with you because deep down, I know I am wrong and you, Eren Jaeger, are right."

    Yeah, that's totally what he was trying to say.

    I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Now, what do you want our project to be about?"

    He shrugged, not even bothering to look in my direction. "I don't know and I don't really care."

    I scoffed. "Tell that to your sketch book."

    "You better watch your fucking mouth, Jaeger," he snapped while turning his head to look at me. "I have a low tolerance for your stupidity and your shit."

    "Sorry," I muttered.

    He let out a small scoff and looked back at the front of the classroom. I looked at him from the corner of my eye after a minute or so.