trois

Credit to watarun on tumblr for the picture above

You'd heard about him. His sister wasn't chosen as the princess so he got exiled. You'd heard horrible words said about him. You'd always felt bad since nothing was his fault. It was that girls fault.

He was used. So you were sure he didn't trust you, Rak or Bam. You weren't sure he ever would.

Khun seemed so space out as Bam called out for him. "Khun-san!"

You shook his shoulders and he finally listened. Bam looked up to the sky, "The ceiling here is rather bright."

You and Khun looked up as well. "Ceiling?" There wasn't one, so what was Bam talking about?

"You mean the sky?" Asked Khun.

Bam looked shocked. "The sky?!"

Rak burst out laughing and you did your best to cover your mouth to stop laughing. "You don't know what the sky is?"

Bam was still looking up at the sky in shock. "This blue thing is the sky?"

"Oh, you poor baby," you said, "You've never seen the sky?"

Rak started laughing more. "You idiot! Hey, there's a stupid turtle over here!"

"Th-then! At night does it glitter and shine?" He looked like a small, happy baby. "W-with stars?"

"What?" Khun asked.

"S-S-Stars!" Rak burst out laughing even more.

"Shut up!" You scolded as you slapped Rak, who kept on laughing. "Stop laughing at the baby!"

Bam looked confused. "Huh? But Rachel said you couldn't see them unless you went to the top of the tower."

At this point Rak was rolling on the ground in laughter and you'd given up trying to stop him. "What are you talking about! That's obviously just a legend!"

"What?"

"In other words," Khun explained, "The thing we call the sky is an imitation created using shinsu, modeled after the legend."

"An imitaion," Bam repeated looking upset.

"I doubt the real sky actually exists."

"I...see," He was obviously very upset. You got up to get one of Rak's chocolate bars and handed one to him to make him feel better. "Thank you Y/N-san."

"You wanted to see the stars that badly?" Khun asked as you took a seat next to him.

Bam seemed to brighten up a little after taking a bite of the chocolate and hearing the question, "No, not me. Rachel."

You smiled as you rested your chin in your palm. "Wow, even thinking of her makes you happy."

"She came to the tower because she wanted to see the stars. I hoped they were visible from here." Khun didn't answer for a moment so you looked over at him. He got up and turned his back.

"I was wondering. Why did Rachel leave you and climb this tower alone? And I wonder why she took care of you for so long. It seems odd."

"There's nothing odd about Rachel!" Bam yelled making Khun  turn towards him in shock. Rak came up from behind and commentated.

"The blue turtle made the black turtle mad!"

"I'm not angry!" Bam defended. You watched Khun-san as he lowered his head in though but both of you were quickly interrupted by a scream from the test room.