neuf

You watched Bam, still unconscious, with Khun next to you.

"Oi, you'd better wake up soon. The test starts soon!" He turned his head toward the ground, obviously very worried, " If you don't wake up you'll be disqualified."

"Like he'll listen to you," You scoffed, gaining his attention, "Maybe if we scream Rachels' name he'll wake up?"

Just then you got a ring at the door. You got up and checked the camera. "It's the cloaked girl."

Khun opened the door, leaning on the door frame so you could see the girls' face from behind him. "Hello."

Khun gasped. "You're..."

She took off her hood and shook her head lightly to make her hair neater. "My name is Rachel."

Khun looked at her with wide eyes, surprised, but all you could do was glare. You felt nothing but dislike thinking about her, now seeing her made it worse.

"I have a request."

Khun's surprised face turned into a harder one that mirrored yours. But you realized you had to listen to this request of hers. It would be rude to beat her up before properly acknowledging her.

"Come in," You moved to the side to let her go through the door but Khun was standing still. You gently pushed him back and softly smiled at Rachel who did her best to return it. "Take a seat. Next to Bam."

Khun gave you a look that told you he thought you were crazy but you rubbed his arm and whispered. "Give her a few minutes. I want to hear what she has to say."

You went over to her and saw her stroking Bam's bandaged head. "Bam was a very lonely boy. When I told him I was climbing the tower, he asked me not to go with tears running down his face. But I abandoned him. I thought we'd never meet again."

"How could"-

You were quickly interrupted by Khun. "Skip the introduction. Just tell me what you want from us."

"Don't tell Bam about me."

"You want me to lie to him? Tell him you're not Rachel?"

"Yes."

"Even though Bam wants to be with you?"

"We can't be together."

Khun sighed and walked over to her, next to Bam, while you were at the end of his bed. He lowered his head to her face, but she didn't turn around, staring at Bam. "Then why didn't you try to take the crown during the crown game?"

"That's the problem," You nodded, knowing what'd she say, but you heard Khun sound confused, "If we're together, we'll become each others weaknesses. A burden. Try to understand. It's what's best for both of us."

Khun stared at her intently. You got up and the sound made Khun walk away to the wall. You smiled at her. "I see what you're saying. I'm assuming you won't be able to get some food so do you mind living off chocolate bars?"

She turned over to you confused. "We have quite a lot. Take them for food and lock yourself in your room so he doesn't see you. Your secret's safe with me."

"How do I know I can trust you?"

"You came to us first, no? And like you said to Bam- never betray a girl. And in return, the next time I see you, I get to punch your face in, yeah?"

Rachel stared back. "Yeah."

A bit after she had left everything was quiet. Khun was leaning against the wall in his own thoughts as you ate a chocolate bar. You glanced over at Khun, who blinked. "You mean you, not both of you."

"Hm?"

He looked up at you as you threw away your wrapper. His eyes narrowed at you. "And you. What did you mean? You get it? Get what?"

You shrugged, crossing your legs. "I get why she wants to stay away. She's right, staying away from each other would be best for both of them. They see each other again once and you see what happens? Bam's been unconscious for two days Khun"-

"Protecting each other is normal, you do it all the time"-

"Well I can protect myself. Bam? No way. He'll just jump in and get his head hurt. Every time she's about to get hurt, he'll lose everything and jump to save her. Who knows, that could get you and I killed. Honestly, I would do the same."

Khun glared at you but his eyes quickly widened and looked towards the door. He went to see who it was, you going after him to spot Rak. "I-I'm not worried about the black turtle or anything!"

Khun smiled as you giggled. "Get in here."

"What a tsundere."

"AHHHHHH! It's gone the chocolate bars are gone!" Rak yelled as he looked through his stash that you had given to Rachel.

Khun had his eyes closed, avoiding your gaze. He looked over at Bam as Rak went over to him. "Maybe I'll eat you instead," he huffed, "Oi, wake up already."