quinze

"The subject for the joint test is tag," Lero Ro explained to the people who hadn't passed. "The 28 of you who haven't yet passed will be participating in this test."

Rak laughed, causing you to shake as you sat on his shoulder. "Good luck turtles and lizards."

"Can you not?" You huffed, but of course were ignored.

"That's really annoying," Khun muttered, hand resting on his knuckles.

"Same," Serena agreed, voice low, arms crossed.

"You'll be divided into teams A and B," Lero Ro explained.

You looked over at the screen as Lero Ro further explained. In team A was Kancho, Anaak, Khun, Shibisu, Lauroe, shinsu girl you forgot the name of, little innocent girl you were fond of and two of the people that Khun kept in his suitcase from earlier.

Team B was Endorsi, Rachel, Hatz, Serena, Bam, Ho and red haired girl who hurt Bams' head in the crown game.

You frowned as you noticed some unfortunate things. Khun and Bam weren't in the same team. Serena, Hatz, Ho and Bam weren't in team A which seemed to be the stronger one. And Bam and Rachel were in the same team.

 "If you win all members of your team will receive 100 thousand points." that caught everyone looking outside or at their nails- endorsi, of course- to pay attention. "If you receive the badge from our it you'll receive 200 thousand points. If our'it' takes a team's badge that team loses."

"Um," Shibisu raised his hand, "Who's our teams it?"

"It's me!" Someone from behind you jumped up, making Rak shake his head in shock so you fell into his lap.

"I'll just stay here for now," You muttered.

"Who are you?" Serena asked disrespectfully.

The man let out a cocky laugh, sounding like rak. "Surprised, kiddos?"

"Isn't that put examiner?" Shibisu deadpanned. Hatz solemnly nodded.

"Don't worry, I'll go easy on you," He laughed even more, making you cover your ears.

As Rak sat on the couch with the other big guy, leaving no space for you, the examiners had given you a chair. With them not letting you eat their big bowls of chocolate, you fel left out with your small one.

So you moved your chair over to Lero Ro and Hansang Yu, who turned their heads at you. You smiled at them. "Can I sit here?"

They, surprisingly, allowed you to do so. Lero Ro was wary but Hansang Yu immediately agreed.

He took out another cup and began brewing his specialty- instant coffee. Lero Ro raised an eyebrow at you but you simply shrugged him off. Hansang seemed to have more authority. Being on his good side would be good for you.

You politely thanked him and the screen in front of them turned on. It was a shot of team a together. They seemed like a large group of people, although only being 14, because of the few unfamiliar faces.

"They can't seriously have a ranker be 'it'". Shibisu complained.

"It seems like the Shinsu he can use is limited," Khun inquired. "It's not a bad deal."

"Do you have an idea," Shinsu wand girl asked.

"If you'll make me team leader, I'll tell you," He negotiated.

"What's his deal," Kancho said with gritted teeth.

"Why not?" Shibisu agreed, "it's the Light Bearers job to lead the team anyways."

"Quit putting on airs and tell us," Anaak said, voice deep. Maybe you should do that more often, to stop being called little girl by stupid male opponents. You didn't look or sound at all menacing but then again that was the ace up your sleeve. One of them, actually.

"First, we'll set the bait," Khun said.

Of course, Shibisu was chosen.

"So..." He said, obviously upset he was alone in the middle, "I'm the bait huh?"

"That's the scouts job," Khun answered back.

Shibisu huffed. "What a crap position. I'm counting on you Leeron 3."

"Yeah," he answered back.

"Anyway, it's too bad," Shibisu sparked conversation. And that's why you loved him. "About Bam. He ended up on the othe rteam. I don't know the exact number but if we win..."

"Bam will fail," Khun said finally, making Shibisu look up. "I know that."

"That's a cool reaction considering how close you are."

"That's how test work," KKhun countered.

Shibisu sighed. "Are you sure he'll come if we make the bait this obvious?"

"Hell come. He's a Ranker. Not only that, he's a sore loser too. He'll definitely take the bait."

"I'd say he's too confident," you commented, "But with that administrator he's not wrong."

"Oi, oi, oi!" Shibisu flinched. "Seriously? Using yourself as bait? How uninspired of you..."

Shibisu jumped up, as the ranker ran out of the shadows. "My little apprentice!"

Shibisu ran away, arms flailing. "He actually came!"

One of the spear bearers threw their spear, but the ranker narrowly avoided it. He clicked his tongue. "Are you trying to buy time for your 'it' to escape?"

Shibisu turned around, panting, and faced the ranker. "You haven't learned enough about being a Light Bearer," the ranker taught, "A light bearer uses shinsu to fly so..."

He ran off. Making Shibisu falter. "If the light bearer loses conscious," He appeared in the red light bearers shinsu box thing- you didn;t know what it was called- and chopped the guys neck making him unconscious. "Your team loses its eyes."

The box fell, and Shibisy luckily moved out of the way. "That was close," He huffed.

"Your other Light Bearer is with your it isnt he?' The ranker asked. Shibisu looked around, not being able to find him.

"Shit! Where is he?"

"A first rate scout doesn't need light," red head ranker appeared behind him.

Shibisu and Khun grinned. "Checkmate."