Beach

"Minjung?" A voice whispered.

      "You're not the monster under my bed are you?" Minjung responded almost as quite.

      "No. It's me....Nako."

      "Oh... what's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?"

       "No. I.... couldn't go to sleep."

       "Did you try watching a boring documentary?"

       "No I'm just.... Ive just been thinking."

       "Wanna talk about it?"

        "....Minjung?"

      "Yes still awake."

       "I'm sorry."

       "For what?"

       "For hurting you."

        "Nako.... I already forgave you for that."

        "Earlier when I was talking about the pain I felt..... it was and still is horrible. I can't believe that my actions made you experience that pain."

       "Nako...."

       "And yet you still care for me. I don't deserve your friendship and kindness. How do you still like me for what I did to you?"

       Minjung threw the comforters off of herself and trudged across the room to the walk in closet. She went to Eunbi's part of the closest and pulled out a rope.

       "What are you doing with a rope?"

       "I want to show you something. Here. Hold onto this end." Minjung told. "And hold it tight. Whatever I do do let go."

       "Okay.... What happens now?" Minjung opened the door and yanked the rope. She then ran across the living room on to the couch. About halfway, she fell forward onto the ground with her own force she used to pull on the rope.

        She hit the ground with a thud and Nako walked into the the living room. "What the heck was that? That hurt!"

       "Okay perfect! I got my point across. Let's go back into the room." Minjung walked back into the room and rolled up the rope before putting it back in its place. She hopped onto Nako's bed to lean against the wall. "When you were holding on to the rope, what happened?"

        "I got hurt. It stopped hurting when I let go."

       "Yes exactly. You asked why I didn't hate you. Because hating you doesn't do anything to you. It'll only hurt me when I stay in the past. The best thing I can do so it wouldn't hurt is..."

      "Let go."

      "Exactly. I let go. I move on. It's that simple. You don't have to forgive or forget. You just move on. And I could move on because I understand where came from. Love is blind. And not just in the way where you can't see someone's flaws or red flags. Love can also be blind in the way where you are selfish about wanting love that you don't realize you are hurting the other person. And! you're different than those people because you have actively tried to make it up to me. Yes you've hurt me but I've moved on and forgiven you because you put in effort to right your wrongs."

      "Thanks Minjung. You always give good advice."

       "No problem. Now let's go to sleep yeah? Apparently we are going to be doing something at the beach." Minjung informed as she climbed over Nako's headrest. She flopped onto the soft clouds.