Ambivalance

"WHAT!" If Minjung was tipsy before, she definitely wasn't now. "When was this?"

     "About three days ago. They brought him to the hospital two days ago. They had him in a ten hour surgery. He's on life support right now." her brother told. Minjung's heart dropped. Why didn't anyone tell her?

     "Are you... "

     "Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland Oregon. Look I'll keep you posted okay? Mom and dad will be back from Jeju in a couple days."

     "Hey calm down."

     "How am I supposed to be calm when I don't know if my brother is okay?" Minjung cried. Jaemin strokes Minjung's back as the others froze. Ari woke up to Minjung sobbing and quickly jumped into her arms.

      "He's stable."

      "I'm booking the next flight to Portland."  Minjung croaked.

      "Minjung. You have to focus on work. You can't even come here because of the corona virus. You'd have to be quarantined for 2 weeks."

      "Ugh. Keep me posted then."

      Donghyuck had gotten another call. When he answered, he looked sad. He was told to take care of the younger for a few days. Though they constantly fight, he still cared. He held out his arms for the younger knowing she was holding back. She hugged, but she didn't cry. Minjung teared up.

       "It's okay. It's not like he's dead right. So there's no need to cry yet." Minjung tried to reassure herself. She grabbed her drink on the coffee table and chugged the rest Champaign.

     "I think we should take you home Minjung." Donghyuck softly announced.

     The girl went silent. Her eyes became soft and broken. Jaemin wrapped her in a long overcoat. Ari nudged Minjung's hand. "I'll take care of Ari for a couple of days okay?" Koeun asked.

      Minjung squatted next to Ari and gave the dog a smile. "Stay here with Koeun Unnie okay?"

      In all honesty, Ari didn't know what Minjung was saying. All she knew was that her owner was sad. Ari whimpered. She then jumped into Minjung's lap to lick her face. Minjung giggled and gave the dog a belly rub. When Minjung got up to leave, Ari followed her.

       "If she doesn't want to stay I can take care of her after we drop you off." Donghyuck suggested.

Minjung nodded. Jaemin, Donghyuck and Minjung bid their goodbyes. Once they were in the car, Donghyuck as the driver and Jaemin and Minjung in the back seat, Ari snuggled up to the girl.

After a few minutes of silence, Donghyuck realized something, "Wait if your parents are out, who's gonna feed Ari?"

"Minjoo's family."

"Oh yeah you guys live pretty close together."

"How old is Ari?"

"Younger than you smarter than you." Minjung told.

"Wow okay. You can leave the car with that attitude."

"You think I won't?" Minjung dared unbuckling her seatbelt. They both knew she wasn't going to do it. She quickly buckled up again and smiled.

"But all jokes aside. I want to let you know that I'm going to be here for you." Donghyuck spoke.

"Thank you."

"Get some rest okay?" The boy spoke. "Like Jaemin next to you."
Minjung turned her head and giggled at boy. He had his head thrown back with his mouth open. "I don't know why he wanted to come along if he was just gonna sleep."