Chapter 27

Same day, late afternoon
Arcadia, Edmonton Mall

The redhead had her earphones on as she mopped the floor of Arcadia's break room. She was singing along the tunes of British Bombs by Declan McKenna under her breath as she swayed her hips and shoulders in accordance with the song.

Nicole was really in love. She's in love with Waverly and there's no denying that. Her face couldn't hide that anymore. Nicole thought she'd never have too much dopamine inside of her. Boy, she was wrong.

The redhead couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night. She had never missed anyone like this even when they've just been together hours ago.

Nicole had no idea how to last a week without Waverly. Both of them didn't have any social media accounts that they could messaged each other through or even just their email addresses. It was going to be a week full of misery and longing for the brunette. Just as when the redhead's happiness filled to its brim, a shred of fear started to leak in. Nicole quickly shrugged the thought away.

The break room must have been sparkling clean already. Nicole smiled on what she had accomplished then she suddenly noticed she wasn't alone. A smirking Rosita was leaning by the door, her eyes eyeing her suspiciously.

"Well, at least someone's so happy," Rosita said.

Next day, nighttime
Island bar

Nicole had never been to the famed bar near the university for two years now. It was usually filled with a lot of students going about their weekend parties. The redhead finally succumbed to Rosita's persistence to enjoy the night, knowing she'd probably spend her nights only missing a certain brunette.

Chrissy was seated beside Rosita and she was glaring at Nicole like crazy ever since she stepped foot inside the bar. The place was playing electronic dance music at the moment, with a sweaty crowd gathered around the dance floor. They managed to get a small table on the second floor near the balcony. Once Chrissy was out of earshot to replenish their drinks, Nicole leaned forward to Rosita and mumbled. "I think your girlfriend hates me."

Rosita laughed hoarsely. Her best friend was slightly drunk, the redhead could tell. "Maybe because you're dating her best friend."

"What?" Nicole's eyes widened. "Wait, she knew about Waverly and me?"

Then as if perfect timing, Chrissy returned with a couple of drinks. "So, Nicole...."

Nicole glanced at the blonde girl in fear of what she might say. "You and Waverly..."

"Did you tell her?" Nicole immediately turned to Rosita. Rosita quickly shook her head as her hand grabbed a shot of drink.

"I didn't need telling, Nic, Waves is my best friend," Chrissy said as she offered Nicole a shot of Whiskey. Nicole took the shot and it immediately warmed her throat. She was not a Whiskey kind of girl but if she needed Waverly's best friend's blessing, then she might have to do anything to please the blondie.

When Chrissy shoved another shot unto her way, Nicole immediately swigged the contents into her mouth.

Shit, I think I'm getting drunk tonight, Nicole thought.

"So...," the blonde girl began, eyeing Nicole like a vulture. "Are you serious with Waverly?"

The redhead licked her lips nervously. "Is this an interrogation?"

"Why? Do you feel interrogated?"

Rosita chuckled as she went to drink, enjoying herself as she watched the two have a heated conversation.