Chapitre 16

(In a flashback, Medama recounted the time when he was "alive". Apparently human with gray hair, tall in a dark kimono, wearing the same chanchako that Kitaro had on him, He chased dangerous Yokais from humans well before the extinction of the ghost tribe. He was accompanied by Kyushu-tai who was his ally at the time. But during a peaceful moment without his ally, he heard a cry and he saw a whole city in the process of killed itself. he advanced into the city but the inhabitants attacked him. Medama took out his sword to disarm them and repelled or knocked them out to avoid killing them until a Yokai with the body of a snake and the head of a woman appeared in the smoke of a burning house)

Corrupted Nure-Onna: There he is! (a corrupt Nure-onna army rises from the smoke) It's time for the Yokais to take back this world. Death to the hunter !!

Medama-Oyaji (preparing with his sword where he transferred the power of the finger gun to the blade): In this case, I have no other choice!

(He confronted the Nure-onna army where he killed a good number of them. He ended up facing the corrupted Nure-onna and after a time, he neutralized her by severely wounding her and destroying a necklace adorned with a jewel, seeming to be the cause of her corruption. She regained her senses)

Nure-onna (looking around): Oh no ...

Medama-Oyaji (pissed off): Why did you do this ?!

Nure-onna (terrified): Have mercy, hunter!

Medama-Oyaji (pointing his saber towards Nure-onna): Why this chaos ?!

Nure-onna: If ... If you spare me, I'll tell you everything I know. (Medama lowered his saber) I had ... No control over myself. The corruption of my mind happened so quickly that there was nothing I could do. It also affected my sisters that you killed. It has already affected your ally for a long time, and it is he who has corrupted us and surely corrupted humans.

Medama-Oyaji: Kyushu-tai ... Why would he do this carnage?

Nure-onna: He listened to Backbeard's voice. Interactions with his story have been banned since his death for one reason: To prevent further total destruction on the world by resurrecting Backbeard. For that, he had to look for the ingredients to try to bring him back to life. Right now, he is surely doing it in Mount Tate.

Medama-Oyaji: Are there still Nure-onnawho are not corrupt? (Nure-onna said yes with her head) Go see them, tell what happened and try to convince other Yokais to prevent humans from continuing to kill each other.

Nure-onna: I will, hunter. (she saw Medama leaving) Good luck!

(Medama headed for Mount Tate, hoping not to be too late. He found an entrance and saw Kyushu-tai making an incantation to complete a body where only the eye and a quarter of a dark spherical body with black tentacles emerging from it)

Medama-Oyaji: Kyushu-tai !! (Kyushu-tai stopped, leaving Backbeard's body incomplete) Destroy the ingredients. You don't know what you risk to create.

Kyushu-tai: He will save all the Yokais !! (Medama-Oyaji took out his saber) Even if there was another solution, nothing will prevent humanity from multiplying at the risk of endangering the very existence of the Yokais. You should understand, Medama. Backbeard must be resurrected.

Medama-Oyaji: He's manipulating you, Kyushu-tai. He forced you to create a genocide of humans in this city and now he wants you to resuscitate him so that he will destroy all life. Last warning, destroy the ingredients.

Kyushu-tai: Only his will will save theYokais! (and there the backbeard incomplete body attacked with its tentacles that Medama barely blocks) Even if I have to end your life!

(A fierce fight began where Medama faced his former ally in addition to Backbeard's incomplete body. Aftera while, Medama fused the power of his finger gun with his saber and cut Kyushu-tai in half before sealing his body  and immobilized him.He walked toward Backbeard's body)

Kyushu-tai: Medama, stop! You fight for justice. If you know what is good for the Yokais, you must resuscitate it.

Medama-Oyaji: No. A Yokai who wants to annihilate all life does not deserve to return.

Kyushu-tai: If you kill him, you will not save the Yokais and even less your tribe !!

Medama-Oyaji: Neither does he! (and with his saber containing the power of his finger gun, he sliced ​​the ingredients and Blackbeard's eye)

Kyushu-tai (seeing the body disintegrate): Nooo!

Medama-Oyaji (going away): Now this massacre is over. Let what happened here teach you a lesson for centuries to come. Farewell !

Kyushu-tai (seeing Medama leaving): Medama-Oyaji ! Curse you and your tribe and I swear that you and your descendants will pay the price to face Backbeard's will !!!

(The flashback ends like this )