❣1❣

Three years later.

I struggled with the apron around my waist trying not to be late for the meeting Miss Minchin announced a few minutes ago.

I was the only one left in the girl's locker room. I sighed in relief when I finally untied it, too late to change into my clothes, I grabbed my bag and left.

I ran almost bumping into Mr. Frederick the Facility Manager, he smiled at me and told me to be careful.

At twenty-three I still wasn't punctual at anything no matter how much I tried.

I didn't want to give Miss Minchin more reasons to fire me. I had bad records already, the non-stop complaints about me from my co-workers and the owners of the rooms I cleaned.

I once broke a guy's nose for groping my ass while I was cleaning his room and there was also this time a lady told me to bath her dog and dress him up.

I left the dog in the bathtub and stayed on the phone with Mrs. Potts, I totally forgot about the dog. The little puppy was dead when I returned, I tried CPR but it was fruitless.

I didn't know what to do so I dried his body with the hairdryer on the dresser, dressed him up and left him in his pen like he was asleep, I finished quickly and left.

The lady still reported and told Miss Minchin I killed her dog, but luckily for me, no one believed her.

I only met once with the owner of the hotel, he told me I reminded him of his daughter, maybe that was the reason I still had my job.

I didn't get along with my co-workers, not all of them. I had three friends here, they cover up for any time I was running late.

I pushed the double doors to the room making a loud noise, everyone turned back to look at me. I flashed them a grin and stepped in.

Miss Minchin didn't look surprised, she looked away from me and continued with her talk.

I joined Joohyun and Seulgi, they laughed at me. I frowned at them and tried to listen to what Miss Minchin was saying.

"....we can't have our guests complaining about our staff..."

Like they didn't enjoy doing it, no matter how you try to make them feel at home they still had something to complain about.

"The lady whose room I cleaned today told me my perfume was choking her."

Seulgi whispered and scoffed, I could tell how offended she was.

"Mine complained that my uniform was too short, she went to the extent of telling me I wanted to seduce her husband and went on about young girls stealing peoples' husbands."

Joo-hyun said and gagged when she was done talking, I couldn't help but laugh.

"Silence!"

Miss Minchin snapped, I looked up and found her staring at me, was my laughter that loud?

She looked annoyed, I noticed she wasn't the only one staring at me.

"Sorry."

I said, forcing a smile.

She looked away after giving me a dark look. I eyed her blue suit that didn't go with the makeup on her face.

Miss Minchin was a strict person, no one messed with her. She started in this hotel as a waitress, from what I heard she's been here for twelve years, the pay must be good for her to stay that long.

I had only been here for eight months and I hated the job, but I needed the money.

For the student loan that was hanging above my head and crushing me.