❣2❣

They are back?

"Hey, relax, " Haein said placing his hand on mine which had unknowingly balled into a fist on the table.

"I don't think she is going to bother you anyway. She promised to stay away even if she's asking for your home address,"

He said removing his hand and leaning back on the seat.

"Did you tell her?"
I asked already feeling betrayed. After the incident, I couldn't help but feel like everyone close to me wanted to hurt me.

"No, she might be my best friend but I never wanna see you get hurt again."

"Good,"
I said under my breath and took a long sip through the yellow straw in the Milkshake.

I couldn't really trust Haein, I remember Lisa calling me one night a year ago. She only said my name and ended the call. I knew Haein gave her my number but she never called back again.

"When are you returning to school?"

"This fall."

"If you need help let me know."

"I don't need any help, Haein,"

Everyone assumed I needed help, I was the source of pity and I hated the feeling.

He gave me a skeptical look, I ignored him looking down at my cup that was about to go empty.

"Jen."
Nancy called walking to our booth.

"Yeah?"

I stared at her golden locks instead, I really loved her hair. I have known her for a year, her dark eyes took a glance at Haein before resting on me.

"Sorry to interrupt your date. I'm leaving, I wanted to know if you have your key."

"Yeah, I do."

"K, goodnight."

She flashed me a smile and waved at Haein.

We both exchanged a look after she left and laughed, I didn't know why we never corrected her.

We talked a little more before we decided to leave.

"Why are you still single?"
I asked him during the ride back.

"I should ask you that too."
He said taking a glance at me.

"I have commitment issues and trust me, I'm loving the single life."

But not the single mom, I was not prepared for motherhood and I knew i suck at it. Haein wouldn't waste a second to tell Lisa about Wyatt once I tell him. I didn't trust anyone with my secret except Mrs. Potts.

"Same here."
He said taking a U-turn to my street.

I still felt sorry for him about Rosé, he's been sleeping around since the incident and burying himself in work, I assumed it was to distract himself.

My apartment wasn't far from the Diner, sometimes I walked home. I stared at the street lights that swallowed the darkness.

"How is the TurtleRabbit?"
Haein asked and I laughed knowing he was referring to Jisoo.

I didn't know how Jisoo went from crushing on him to hating him, she told him straight in the face the first time he visited our apartment, she hated him. I suspected it was because of what happened with Lisa, she hated Lisa more than I did.

"She is good, she is preparing for her internship."

"Great."
He said with a weird smile.

"Thanks for bringing me home."