❣8❣

I gasped immediately I heard the gunshot, I pulled Wyatt to my chest.

"Get inside!!!"

Lisa yelled, grabbing my arm and pulling me inside the house. SHe shut the door quickly and faced me.

"Are you okay? How is he? Is he hurt?"

Lisa asked touching my face and searching for any injury on my body.

"We are okay."
I said breathlessly.

There was another gunshot when she reached to take Wyatt from my arm, we all docked trying to dodge the shards of glass that came flying from the wall.

"Everyone get down!"
Lisa shouted.

I held Wyatt tightly to my chest as I squatted, he buried his face in my neck.

"Don't worry baby, everything will be okay, just close your eyes."

I whispered, stroking his hair.

The gunfire didn't stop, the lunatic kept shooting, breaking every glass in the way, some artifacts and paintings shattered on the floor.

I said a silent prayer hoping this nightmare ends soon. Things kept falling and breaking into pieces, my heart jumped to my tongue when the big chandelier fell to the ground.

Wyatt increased his grip on me, I pressed my body to the corner of the wall I was using as a shield.

The person wanted all of us dead, why else would the person want to bring the whole house down?

"Shit, I left my phone in the kitchen."
Lisa groaned.

I watched her crawl toward the kitchen.

"What are you doing? You might get shot."

"I need to call for help, stay here."

"Lisa..."

"I will be fine."

SHe cut in, I held my breath as she left.

Tears welled up in my eyes, I wanted this to be over. I kissed Wyatt's head multiple times telling him how much I love him.

I squeezed my eyes shut as the gunfire continued, shattering the glass panel. This was far from how I imagined my life to end.

The gunfire ceased, did the person run out of bullets or was the person loading more?

I waited for some minutes for any sound or noise from outside but heard nothing.

I exhaled in relief and put Wyatt down, he was quiet but he looked confused and scared. I checked his body for any injury, I kissed his cheeks and hugged him.

"It's okay," I whispered.

I pulled away and looked at the wreckage.

Lisa?!

"Lisa!"

I stood up taking Wyatt in my arms, I jumped all the broken stuff in my way.

I froze when I got to the dining, my heart sank at Lisa's unmoving body on the floor.

I forgot how to breathe as I saw the blood on the right side of her stomach and on her left arm.

"Lisa?"

I dropped Wyatt gently and ran to her body, I checked her pulse and she was still breathing.

SHe was losing so much blood, I stood up and ran to the kitchen to get something to stop the bleeding.