Prologue

"Excuse me, Ms. North but do you have another credit card? The card is being rejected." Said the lady in the cashier here at the boutique where me and my bestfriend are shopping.

I looked up from my phone and stared at her blankly and said in irration, "Rejected? Don't you mean maxed out? Anyway, here try this." I rolled my eyes and gave her my other card and got back on browsing my social media. Seriously, she shouldn't have said rejected, what if someone heard it and think that I don't have money? It's humiliating.

My thoughts were interrupted again by the lady whose name is Melania based on her nametag.

"Im sorry Ms. North, but this was also rejecte..."

I cut her before she even finishes that word.

"Rejected? How many times should I have to tell you that it not the term, Melania! It is maxed out, oh my god!" I raised my voice and her eyes widen in horror when I mentioned her name. Yes girl, be scared, you're pissing me off. "or do you even know how to swipe these cards?" I added.

By this time, Jonas, the store manager whom I knew since forever, went to the cashier and asked me about the problem. I said, "This Melania is not fit to be a cashier. She keeps on humiliating me by saying that my cards are being rejected. Replace her." He apologized on her behalf and took over at the cashier while he instructed Melania to assist the other customers inside the boutique.

I gave Jonas my other cards for him to try. But seriously though, I already reached my maximum limit? Oh well, maybe I'd gotten a little overboard the last time I shopped. But seriously, two cards already? I should tone down my shopping this month. I sighed.

"Livy, what's going on with you? I can hear your voice in the dressing room." My bestfriend asked.

"it's about time for you to be here, Jowee. You in there for like eternity. Anyway, that girl" I pointed to Melania, "doesn't know how to be a cashier. She keeps on saying that my cards were rejected. And it's humiliating. Like hell it would only be rejected if I had gone poor or if my father freezes my financials." I said, while rolling my eyes.

She chuckled while putting the sunglasses back to the shelf and said. "I disagree on your first hypothesis, Olivia because you're the daughter of the owner the The North Group of Companies, the largest multibillion dollar conglomerate in the world. On your second hypothesis however, I think it's more likely to happen to you." Jowee said. My eyes widen when she said the latter but I believe my father will not or more like will never do that to me, like ever.

"Why would he do that?" I asked her.

"I don't know, if he did it someday, tell me the reason why. Ok, sweetie?" she smirked.

"It will never happen, J. Never. So please..." I was interrupted by Jonas clearing his throat.

"Ms. North, Im afraid these cards are being rejected." He said in a small tone.

I was about to respond but my phone rings. I looked at the caller ID and it shows my PA's name. I answered and I dropped my phone as I held Jowee's arm for support.

Jowee asked me what's wrong, and I replied in a small tone. "That someday is today." And she gasped.