Chapter 3

Olivia North

I can't breathe, it's like someone is on top of me. I opened my eyes and shut it immediately because of the sun's brightness. I gently opened my eyes for it to be adjusted from the glaring light, then I heard someone's mumbling in my ears and felt the tightening of its arms on my waist. Who is this? I turned around and saw Jowee sleeping peacefully on my bed. I supported myself up using my elbows to see if Erin is still sleeping beside Jowee. And yes, both of them are still fast asleep. I looked at the clock on my bedside table and it is already 8am. I carefully stood up and properly put the blanket on them.

I went to my bathroom to do my business and my morning routine. I didn't brush my teeth. Don't judge ok but I don't like eating after brushing my teeth it's one of my pet peeve, so I opt to brush my teeth after I have my breakfast.

I walked out of my bathroom and smiled seeing my two bestfriends sleeping and hugging each other then walked out to make breakfast. Looking back at them, I sighed and closed the door. Now, what to cook? No I don't know how to cook, I only know how to make French toast, egg sandwich, and grilled cheese sandwich. Well, French toast it is. I readied the ingredients and started frying.

To set things straight, I didn't know how to cook not because I don't like it, but because my mother died from brain cancer when I was 13 years old and only taught me how to make those three sandwiches. After she died, my father busied himself in his work, went home very late, and let the maids took care of us, I mean more like took care of me because my brother Zac is already 20 years old at that time and has his own apartment already. Also, he is in his 3rd year in college and at the same time working at my father's company.

However, it didn't hinder him to take care of me. He always call me or Lorna, our housekeeper, or Jones, the bodyguard that is assigned to me, or anyone in the house to ask how and/or what am I doing. If I eat properly, or if there's a hot-blooded teenage boy who wants to get into my pants, his term not mine. He wants to know everything that is going on in my daily life because apparently, my dad was so busy to lift his phone and asked how I am holding up. So, to conceal his irresponsibility towards me, dad provided me everything, a chef, maids, bodyguards, credit cards, chauffer, and even a personal assistant. With that, I planned to irate him by wasting all of his money to stupid stuff, I would even call him to ask for more money because I somehow "used" it all up. And the annoying part is he will not even ask why and order Lisa, his secretary, to transfer money to my account.

Then in junior high, I met these two crazies I call best friends. Erin McAfee is the first one and the cleverest person I've met. I got partnered with her in literature for the whole semester. At first she didn't like me because according to her, I am emitting an aura that says I am a dumb bitch who only thinks of shopping and watching E! Network. Funny right. But I am not dumb, I may look like one because of how I act but I am not. Being partnered with her we get to spend a lot of time together, and sometimes she spends the night in my house. I remember when my brother was home, he thought that Erin was me so he back hugged her in a brotherly way while she's looking out of the window. That was so epic, especially when you see both of their reactions. Also, she is the most matured and responsible woman I have ever known, but she can be crazy sometimes.

In senior high, I met Jowee Bradley, she is a transfer student. The first time we met it was the second week of classes and she accidentally spilled her coke on my shirt in the cafeteria. She was so terrified because apparently, she already put me in her list of category of people to not be messed with and had heard stories about me being a brat and a bitch. So imagine her, dumbfounded when I said 'it's okay, I still have a spare tshirt on my locker' to her. Then after that, I saw her in my biology class, I sat next to her because that was the only available sit I can sat on. We clicked after that and I introduced her to Erin and the rest is history.

I chuckled and flipped the toasts, while thinking that we were together for like a lifetime now, then I smiled hearing Erin's voice and turned around.

"Yep she's crazy. I am telling you, Jowee." She said in a serious tone while sitting on the stool.

Jowee furrowed her browse and asked in a fake concerned voice, "Should I call his brother? Because he is easier to talk to than the great Anthony North" and took a seat beside Erin.

My happy mood drops at the mention of my father's name, I turned around to put the toasts to the plates and greeted them "Yup, good morning to the two of you too. Would you like some tea or coffee?"

"Coffee" they both answered in unison.

I turned on my cute baby pink Keurig and placed a cup underneath. I waited for the cup to be full and gave it to them. I sat in front of them and started eating my toast.

Erin moaned after taking a bite of her French toast and said, "I don't know why but your French toast is always bomb as well as your grilled cheese sandwich and egg sandwich." We looked at her weirdly and I said in amusement, "Because honey, that was the only recipes I mastered and know how to cook. It's a disgrace if I still fail at making them."

"Right. And I feel so special because we are in the list that was given the honor to eat the food that you cooked." Jowee yawned before drinking her coffee and I smiled.

Sarcastic it may sound but it's true, I don't just offer my cooking to someone because for me, these are the precious gifts that mom gave me before she passed away. Only 6 people I offered my sandwiches namely: Zac, Erin, Jowee, Lorna, Jones, and dad. I sighed remembering my dad and his wish.

"Stop thinking about it. Get up and take a shower, we're going to the cabin." Erin said. I widened my eyes and stood up abruptly while smiling. I was about to put my dishes on the sink when Erin stopped me and stated, "leave it, Jowee will take care of it."

Jowee and I looked at each other and said simultaneously

"You will?"

"I will?"

"Yes, you will." With that, Erin stood up and headed to the guest bedroom to get ready and Jowee mouthed an "oh" before I walked towards my room smiling and thinking about the cabin. Ah, the cabin, it's been a long time since I went there.

After getting taking a shower I straightened my hair and put a little bit of makeup on my face, then I walked to my walk-in closet to pick for my outfit of the day. I decided to go for a white shirt, black jeans, and a pair of sneakers. Also, I chose to use my Chanel quilted bag to give my attire a sophisticated look. I took one last look in the mirror and I went out and saw the two them all ready to go. They have used the guest bedrooms to get ready.

Jowee looked up to me and stood up while saying, "About time. Let's go." She said in irritation.

Erin and I just chuckled because we all know how Jowee hates waiting.

Halfway through my door, we heard the ringing of my doorbell. They both looked at me and asked in confusion, "Are you expecting someone?"

I replied, "Nope, I don't." then clicked the video intercom to see who the person is or the people are rather, outside my home. Suddenly, I felt the urge to hurt someone.

Who are outside Olivia's apartment? Hmmm...

Anyway, if like this chapter, please click the vote button.

Xo

kimmypatata