Chapter 44

Olivia North

I woke up with a heavy feeling in my heart. I looked around to find Nick but he's nowhere to be found, I guess he already left for work. I stood up and headed to the bathroom to take a bath and get ready for the day.

After I took a bath, I took my phone from my purse and turned it on to call Nikkie that I won't be in the office to today. I was surprised to see the amount of missed calls and voice mails that was came from Zac, Nick, Erin, and Jowee. Anyway, I will dwell with them later, let me call Nikkie first.

After I called to inform Nikkie, I exited my room and immediately smelled something being fried up. I followed the smell and saw Nick cooking while having a meeting I guess. He was having a video conference in his ipad while cooking and with my pink apron on. Gosh he looked so hot.

Anyway, I went straight to my Keurig to make me some coffee and I passed by him. I can feel his stare at the back of my head and I did not make any effort to look at him.

After I made my coffee, I went straight to my living room and read some magazines.

I was in the middle of browsing the magazine I was currently holding when he put a plate of english breakfast in front of me.

"I made breakfast, Olivia." He said while sitting down beside me. I scooted away from him a little and continued to read the magazine.

He sighed.

"Livy, I know you're still mad at me, but please eat? You haven't eaten anything since yesterday." I frowned. How did he know?

"I know you, Olivia. I know that you didn't try to eat anything yesterday. So please eat, I'm begging you." He pleaded.

"I'm not in the mood to eat and I'm not hungry." I said sternly and proceeded to read the magazine.

"Please Livy. I know you're still mad at me and I deserve that but please don't neglect yourself. If you want me to go, I will go, if that's the only way to make you eat." He stood up and went towards the door but he halted when his phone rang.

"Zac." He answered.

"What?! He agreed?! How did you... Then who it is? Ok. I'm actually here. Yes. Yes. I will tell it to her. Okay. We'll be there." I wonder what it was that made him happy?

"Livy baby, I have good news for you. Your dad agreed to undergo angioplasty." I looked at Niccolo immediately and stood up.

"You're not joking, right Nick?"

"I am not. Zac called me to inform you that he just scheduled Tony's surgery the day after tomorrow." He said and a tear ran down my cheek.

"Oh baby" he hugged me.

I pushed him gently and said, "Nick, let's go to the hospital. Come on." I walked to the door without caring if I was wearing only a sweater and leggings. I went straight to the lift and pressed the down button repeatedly. As Nick went out of my unit, he was holding my purse and phone and locked my door.

We went to the hospital and I ran quickly to see dad while Nick's trying to catch up with me and he's carrying my purse.

I entered dad's room quickly and saw Zac and dad listening to Uncle Eriq. I went immediately to dad and hugged him tightly and cried. I didn't care if they're in the middle of discussion as long as I get to hug him.

"Thank you, daddy." I hiccuped and he chuckled and patted my back.

"See, that's what I am talking about Tony." I heard Uncle Eriq spoke and I released dad from my hug. Nick passed me his hanky and I ignored it. I took a tissue from the tissuebox that sits atop the bedside table and wiped my tears.