Remus-7

Fuck. Just fuck. They should not have picked on Alice. They should have just met James, then gone straight to Honeydukes and Zonko's, leaving Alice alone. But James insisted that they should torment her. And look at how well that had gone. Now Remus might've just lost Sirius. It wasn't his fault. Okay, it kinda was, but he forgot that Alice and Sirius were friends. He only remembered they were when Sirius had come around the corner and shouted at them to get away from her. And then it was too late.

He groaned as he and Frank walked side by side behind James and Peter, walking down the streets of Hogsmeade towards Honeydukes. Frank gave him a sideways look and slung his arm around Remus's shoulders.

"You'll be alright mate. He'll come around," He said.

Remus looked sceptically at him, "Did you see the look on his face? He looked hurt, betrayed and angry. No. Furious. He hates me now."

"I'm sorry. We should've left Mandip alone," Frank sighed.
"Yeah. You can say that again."

"OI! Frank! Look!" James shouted over at Frank and pointed into Zonko's window, where there was a display of new prank packs, "Some ideas to make chemistry more interesting?"

"Oh, Gods yes!" Frank let go of Remus and ran towards James, "Slughorn is so boring. I should get one of the chemistry kits. He'll hate me for it, but it'll be worth it."

The four boys entered Zonk's and Frank ran to get one of the chemistry prank kits, while James went to get some more dungbombs and Peter and Remus wandered around, looking at all the weird and wonderful jokes in the infamous joke shop.

"Hey, Re," Peter grabbed Remus's sleeve, "Wanna go to Honeydukes early? Those two will be in here for ages and I need some sweets. And you look like you could do with some too. Maybe some chocolate. C'mon."

"Sure, hold up a sec," Remus called to Frank, "Frank, me and Pete are gunna go to Honeydukes while you and Jamie are in here for a bit. Meet you in there."

"Right you are! See ya in there," Frank called as Peter dragged Remus out of Zonko's and towards Honeydukes.

***

The next few days were like hell for Remus. He rarely ever saw Sirius now. Occasionally he would see him around college, or in Hogsmeade with his friends, but they never spoke to each other. There might be a slight nod of the head as the two accidentally lock eyes, just to acknowledge each other, but never any spoken words. Remus was a mess without Sirius, and his friends could see it. They were more sombre now, whenever they were around Sirius or one of his friends, trying to leave them alone.

Remus felt like he was missing something without Sirius in his life. He felt like there was a hole in his soul. Which was weird, as he and Sirius never dated. Maybe it was because they had been such close friends. Friends. Remus wished he could've changed that. Maybe made it boyfriends, or lovers. Whichever. But now, it was too late. Sirius avoided him whenever he came near and refused to speak to him, or any of the other Marauders. It was hell.

***

"Remus. Fucking. Lupin," James ran up behind Remus and grabbed his arm, "Bloody hell mate, just... Just slow down, okay?"

Remus looked at James, one eyebrow raised, "Oh? What's up?"

"Jesus Re," James grinned at him, "You are... You are... I dunno, but just..." He sighed, "Talk to me."

"What?"

"You are upset, and you are pissed at all of us and you are angry a lot of the time."

"Am I?" Remus asked, sounding sarcastic, "I wonder why."