Sirius-9

NOTE: Reiny is non-binary, hence why I used they/them pronouns for them and Tom (mentioned very briefly) is their son, one year older than Sirius and is Sirius's friend

Sirius knew if he didn't hurry up, he was going to be late. James would murder him if he was late, especially since this was such an important day. It was Remus's eighteenth birthday and they were all going bowling. There was a bowling alley near the cinema in Hogsmeade and after, they were all going to get supper at the Leaky Cauldron, as the food there was the best. It was going to be a perfect party, and everyone was going to love it. Weren't they? They were all going to have a great time. Right?

Sirius couldn't help his anxiety. He was very nervous about Remus's party, and he really wanted it to be amazing... After all, one only had one eighteenth birthday, therefore it had to be perfect. And if it wasn't... Well... Sirius decided he would cross that bridge if it came to it.

He grabbed his bag and phone, shoving Remus's present into his bag and ran downstairs, kissing Alya's cheek on his way to the door.

"I won't be at the shop later today but Reiny should be. See you later love!" She called to him.

"Okay! I'll say hey to them. See you," Sirius shut the door behind him and walked over to the garage to get his bike and helmet.

It wasn't a long cycle to the bowling alley, but it was long enough for Sirius to forget everything and just focus on the noises of nature and the feel of speeding down the roads. Cycling was another way for Sirius to be free of the world around him. When he was feeling bad, he could just get on his bike and cycle away through the country and the village for hours.

He arrived at the bowling alley slightly later than everyone else, and when he got inside, he saw them at a lane waiting for him, chatting and laughing. Smiling, he ordered himself a lemonade and went over to them.

"Hey guys. Happy birthday Remus," Sirius grinned, sitting next to Frank on the bench.

"Sirius, hey!" Remus said, beaming back at him, "Glad you could come."

"Yeah sorry I was late."

"Na it's no problem," James said, "What shall we put your name as?"

"Dog boy," Lily butted in before Sirius could say anything.

"Lils!"

"Psh shut up Siri. You can be dog boy. Or dog star. Which is better?" Marlene said.

"Dog star 'coz Remus is Birthday wolf boy," Peter said.

"Okay makes sense," James shrugged and typed 'Dog Star' into the stand, causing the name to appear on the screen above the lane.

"All ready?" Dorcas yelled, grinning round at the rest of the group.

"Hell yes!" Frank yelled back, and so the game began.

There was lots of cheering, laughing, gossiping and generally tons of fun. Everyone, it seemed, had an absolute blast and loved it. Remus definitely loved it. Sirius saw how his eyes sparkled with joy and his grin was so wide, it was a wonder it didn't split his face in two. He looked so happy. Everyone looked so happy, and it warmed Sirius's heart to be here, surrounded by his friends, celebrating the start of adulthood for one, being happy and free.

After the first game, everyone was on a real high, especially Peter, as he had won and refusing to tell the others his technique, which everyone else found extremely frustrating. Peter just smirked at them and sipped his drink, lounging back in his seat. While everyone was having a break, Sirius took this opportunity to quickly check his messages, and when he pulled out his phone, his face went white.