Chapter 2

Here's the second chapter, enjoy reading and let me know if the chapter is too long, or confusing. 

Enjoy reading.

+++++

Some small far off village in Chiang Mai, Thailand

"Khun Tee, are you absolutely certain your mother never mentioned Mom Luang Prama Imanotai or Mom Luang Warattaya Nilkuha to you?"

Tee tore his thoughts from the aching memories of his parent's funeral and looked at the elderly, white haired physician seated across from him at the kitchen table. As his father's oldest friend, Dr. Chanakorn had taken on the responsibility of seeing the siblings settled, as well as of trying to care for Dr. Jarujitranon's patients until the new physician arrived. "All Bas or I have ever known was that Mother was estranged from her family in Bangkok. She never spoke of them."

"Is it possible that your father had relatives in Korea?"

"Papa grew up in an orphans' home there. He had no relatives." Tee stood up restlessly. "Can I make you some coffee, Dr. Chanakorn?"

"Stop fussing over me and go sit outside in the sunshine with Bas," the doctor chided gently. "You're pale as a ghost."

"Is there anything you need, before I go?" Tee persisted.

"I need to be a few years younger," he replied with a grim smile as he poised to continue his letter. "I'm too old to carry the burden of your father's patients. I belong to back to my own hut back in Krabi with warm tea and a good book on my lap. How am I to carry on here for four more months until the new physician arrives, with this weather, I can't imagine."

"I'm sorry", Tee said sincerely. "I know it's been terrible for you."

"It's been a great deal worse for you and Bas," the kindly old doctor said. "Now, run along outside and get some of this fine winter sunshine. Its rare to see a day this warm in January. While you sit in the sun, I'll write these letters to your relatives."

A week had passed since Dr. Chanakorn had come to Chiang Mai to visit the Jarujitranons, only to be summoned to the scene of the accident where the carriage bearing Thanaphat Jarujitranon and his wife, Preechaya, had plunged down a river bank, overturning. Thanaphat had been killed instantly. Preechaya had regained consciousness only long enough to try to answer Dr. Chanakorn's desperate inquiry about her relatives in Bangkok. In a feeble whisper, she had said "Grandmother... Mom Luang Warattaya Nilkuha"

And then, just before she died, she had whispered another name – Prama. Frantically Dr. Chanakorn had begged for his complete name, and Preechaya's dazed eyes had opened briefly. "Kreepolrerk," she had breathed. "...Mom Luang... Prama... Imanotai Kreepolrerk."

"Is he a relative?" he demamded urgently.

After a long pause, she'd nodded feebly. "Cousin – ."

Dr. Chanakorn now fell the difficult task of locating and contacting these heretofore unknown relatives to inquire whether either of them would be willing to offer Tee and Bas a home – a task that was made even more difficult because, as far as the old doctor could ascertain, neither of the two Mom Luangs had any idea the brothers existed.

With a determined look upon his brow, Dr. Chanakorn wrote the date at the top of the first letter and hesitated, his brow furrowed in thought. "How does one properly address a mom luang?" he asked the empty room. After considerable contemplate on, he arrived at a decision and began writing.

Dear Mom Luang Nilkuha,

It is my unpleasant task to advise you of the tragic death of your granddaughter, Preechaya Jarujitranon, and to further advise you that Mrs. Jarujitranon's two sons, Tee and Bas, are now temporarily in my care. However, I am an old man, and a bachelor besides. Therefore, Mom Luang, I cannot properly continue to care for two orphaned young boys.