Chapter 2: Ruby Rose

Lapis's POV:

Jaune and I continued running until we reached the place where the explosion came from. There I saw a white-haired girl yelling at a girl with redish black hair.

Weiss: Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!

Ruby: I'm really, really sorry!

Weiss: Ugh, you complete dolt! What are you even doing here? Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon?

Ruby: Well, I-I...

"Hey! Leave her alone!"

Weiss: How dare you speak to me that way! Do you know who I am?!

"I don't care who you are! Can't you see that it was an accident! She's already apologized! So how can you continue insulting her for what she couldn't control, princess?!"

Blake: It's heiress, actually. (Blake slowly approaches) Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world.

Weiss: Finally! Some recognition!

"I don't give a damn if you're an heiress! You are a student here, just like everyone else! Stop treating everyone like their beneath you, and start treating others with respect!"

Weiss: Wha- How dare- The nerve of... Ugh! You'll regret this!

I then watch as she takes the bottle that the black-haired girl with the ribbon was holding and storms off.

"Finally! Thought she'd never leave. (I look over at the girl) You alright, miss?"

Ruby POV:

Just when I thought today could not have gone any worse, a guy in a black long coat stepped in to defend me. He then offered to help me up. I accepted.

"Y-yeah thanks."

Lapis: (sighs) Looks like I'm two-for-two on entitled jerks today. (sarcastically) Fantastic.

"Wait. You met someone else like her?"

Lapis: Yeah, some guy named Vermillion Ardent. I swear, I can't stand people like that! They talk down to people because think they're better than all of us. (sighs) Well, it was nice meeting you Miss...

"Ruby. Ruby Rose."

Lapis: Lapis Lazuli.

Lapis...that's a nice name.

Lapis's POV:

As I start to walk away, I noticed Ruby had a rather depressing look on her face.

"Hey Ruby. You alright?"

Ruby: (nervously) W-well I...um

I noticed that she was fidgeting, and could tell she was nervous.

Ruby: Well you see...(sigh) (she falls back into the crater) Welcome to Beacon...

At that moment, I knew how she felt. Powerless, and like a screw up. At that point, I decided to lie in the crater next to her.

"So, why are we lying here? I thought there were better places to take a nap than on the ground."

Ruby: (laughing) What is wrong with you?

Well, I made her laugh. At least she isn't depressed anymore. Surprised that worked, though.

"Man, today has been crazy. I didn't think I'd piss off two snobs, then find myself in a crater next to a girl."