Chapter 9: Forever Fall

Lapis's POV:

Today's the day. Our first trip since initiation. To my surprise, my entire team was already raring to go, we just needed to suit up. I put on my steel chest plate, somehow still in pristine condition, threw on my black long coat, and sheathed Azure Dream to my waist. Everyone else finished getting ready, then we headed towards the courtyard.

[Time skip]

We had just arrived at the Forest of Forever Fall with the rest of our classmates and Professor Glynda. Ruby was fascinated by the leaves.

Ruby: It's so cooool!

"Wow, you must really like the color red, huh?"

She didn't answer back. Must've been taken by the leaves. Something about seeing her like this brings a smile to my face. We continued walking.

Glynda: Yes, students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so.

I saw Jaune was trailing behind, carrying six jars, before we stopped and he bumped into Cardin, giving Jaune a scowl. Somehow I know Cardin forced him into this.

Glynda: Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun!

Yang and Ruby smiled at each other, while Jaune tried to sneak away, noisily I might add. Cardin noticed, and grabbed him by the back.

Cardin: Come on, buddy - let's go!

"Something doesn't seem right."

Dia: Huh?

"Why would Jaune be so willing to accept this treatment from Team CRDL?"

Ranger: Look, clearly it's not our business. We should let that play out on it's own.

Vermillion: Besides, we have a job to do!

"Right. All right Team LVDR! Let's go!"

We soon started sapping the trees until we had filled all four of our jars to the brim. It took about ten minutes.

"Wow, that was fast."

Vermillion: Never underestimate what I can do!

Ranger: You know what? Brag this time. You actually finished faster than us.

Dia: So...what now? Are we gonna wait around until 4?

"I don't know?"

Ranger: How's about we check on how Team RWBY's doing? They're probably done by now.

Dia: Better than standing around like an idiot.

Vermillion: Really?

"Not a bad idea. Let's go, guys."

Vermillion: Seriously?! Why do we always have to meet up with them?! Does Team JNPR not exist?!

We started walking again when we finally caught up with Team RWBY. As Ranger said, they were done by the time we found them.

"Hey, Ruby!"

Ruby: Oh, hi Lapis! Shouldn't you guys be looking for sap?

Ranger: Already finished. Figured we'd check in on you girls.

Yang: Well, how noble of you~!

"Yeah. So Ruby, do you have any idea what's going on with Jaune? The entire time we've been here, he's been hanging with Cardin. Something's up."