Chapter 4: Initiation Pt. 2

Ranger's POV:

Okay, so where the hell am I in relation to Lapis?! I know last I saw him we were launched into this forest. I looked around and saw some blonde dude in a black coat.

Vermillion: You know, he could have at least told us what our landing strategy would be!

"Suck it up, Buttercup."

He looked over at me. He looked real pissed off.

Vermillion: I'm sorry? Did you want to share with the rest of the class?

Pissed off? Rather arrogant?

"You're Vermillion Ardent, right?"

Vermillion: Glad SOMEONE knows who they're dealing with.

"Shut up for a moment."

Vermillion: Excuse me?!

I could tell I pissed him off even more than Lapis did.

"I said shut up. Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I'm looking for a friend. And besides, we both need to find two more people."

Vermillion: What are you going on about?

"Ozpin said as soon as we landed that the first person we made eye contact with would be our partner for our entire time here at Beacon."

Vermillion: Oh great, I'm paired up with "you"!

"Listen, I don't like it anymore than you do, okay. We need two more people to finish the team that we're going to be on. Maybe Lapis found a partner already."

Vermillion: Lapis? As in, "Blue"?

"Yeah?"

Vermillion: Oh ho no! I am not teaming up with him!

"Well, like it or not, we're partners. And I'm gonna try and find him, so you're either stay here and get mauled by a Beowolf, or you can follow me. The choice is yours."

After a moment of deliberation, he made his decision.

Vermillion: Fiiine. I'll follow you.

"Good. Now, come on! Those relics aren't gonna find themselves."

Lapis's POV:

Dia and I kept running through the forest, looking for the relics we were told to find.

"Geez, how big is this place anyway?!"

Dia: If I had to guess, pretty big.

"No kidding."

Dia: We need to focus on getting the relics. The temple should be up ahead.

"Right!"

As we were running, we suddenly bumped into a taller figure and one shorter than me.

Vermillion: Watch where you're going!

"Wait, Vermillion?"

Vermillion: Of course it's me, you idiot! Who else!

"(sarcastically) Well, sorry."

Ranger: If you two are done, we can look for the relics.

"Good thinking."

Out of nowhere, we were attacked by hordes of Beowolves and Death Stalkers.

Vermillion: I followed along so I wouldn't be attacked by Beowolves!

Ranger: There's more than just them to worry about!

Dia: Deathstalkers too.

"Everbody! Ready your weapons!"