Chapter One

Okay guys,

Here it is. Chapter One.

I had a lot of fun writing this chapter and it might be the longest one because I got a little carried away with myself.

I hope you like it.

Kisses

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jade

I move slowly over to stand in front of the open french windows that lead to the balcony of the room. My teal sundress sways around my legs from the light breeze coming through. Strong hands snake around my waist from behind me and pull me flush against a solid form. My eyes close of their own accord as the hands move down past my hips and bunch my dress in its fists. I pull my bottom lip between my teeth suppressing a moan when lips touch the tender spot below my ear. Another pair of hands move slowly and tauntingly up my arms, caressing them. I open my eyes and watch the movement admiring the way the ivory skin contrasts against my mocha complexion.

"Babe."

I look up into the face of the 6'4" god standing in front of me. His mouth moves but I can't make out what he's saying. I try to focus but I can't with the other man still nipping at my neck.

"What?" I ask, trying to make out what he's saying.

He opens his mouth again and "Mommy!"

I bolt upright in bed. I'm sweating, my breathing is heavy and I look around trying to figure out where I am. I spot the stack of unpacked boxes sitting against the far wall and remember. I'm in my new condo. I also remember the vivid dream I was having before I woke up. Then I hear it again.

"Mommy!"

I swing my legs over the bed and stand. I don't bother with pulling on a robe. The apartment is already hot even at... I glance at the alarm clock on my nightstand, one o'clock in the morning. The heat is making me rethink sleeping in my cami and small shorts. Nude would have been better.

I open my bedroom door and follow the sound of the loud cries to the second bedroom. I leave the light off and find the source of the cries with the nightlight shining from beside the bed. I rush over to the bed and wrap the wailing child in my arms.

"Shush baby. You're going to wake your sister." I glance over at the other bed to see Julianna sleeping peacefully. The girl could sleep through anything and I was thankful for that. I hold Joanna back at arms length and look her over. She seems fine, except for the tears streaming from her big hazel eyes. "JoJo, what's wrong?"

"JuJu... She. Left. Me," she says through sobs.

I pull her onto my lap and turn her so that she can see her sister. "JuJu didn't go anywhere. She's right there sleeping. Something you should be doing." It always amazes me how even though they are only fraternal twins they are still so close.

She rests her head on my chest and watches as her sister sleeps. "Do you want to sleep with mommy?" She nods. "Okay, let's go."

I stand with her in my arms and start for the door.

"JuJu." She reaches back for her sister.

"Okay."

I walk over and expertly heft Julianna up into my arms, not waking her. I had become very good at balancing both girls. I think about how much my life has changed in the last five years as I carry them back to my room.

~~~~~

Five years ago

"You are not telling me no."