Chapter Eleven

A/N

So sorry that it's been a while but I'm back with new chapters. Hope you enjoy it.

~~~~~

"Reinforcements have arrived."

I step out of my room at the same moment the girls emerge from theirs. I can't help the smile that forms as they run into Meg's waiting arms. Meg releases them and stands to face me.

"You're late," I say.

"I am right on time," she said. She kicks her shoes off and struts over to me. Meg is wearing black leggings that make her ass look amazing and a hot pink tube top.

"Did you just come from working out?"

"No," she shrugged.

I turn and head back into my room with Meg right behind me.

"I'm not sure why you're having trouble finding something to wear. The guy's a lawyer. Wear something that would attract a lawyer."

"Oh, you make it sound so simple."

It's the night of my blind date and I am freaking out. I've never dated another lawyer before but that's not what's bothering me. Tonight Meg is watching the girls. I didn't want to ask Sean and Drew to do it. Not after they confessed that they wanted to date me. It seemed weird having them watch the girls while I went on a date with another man. And if I was going to be honest with myself dressing for my last date had been a bit of a game. I knew that they were going to see me before I left and that played a little part in what I chose to wear. Tonight, there was no one to model for, except my date and now I was undecided.

Meg walked over and opened my closet. I decided to sit down on the bed and wait for her to work her magic. I crossed my legs and waited patiently while she went through my wardrobe.

"Here." Meg stepped out of the closet holding a pair of olive, high waisted, flare legged slacks and a cream long sleeved blouse with a deep v neck line. "It's sexy but it also shows that you can be serious. It's perfect."

"If you say so."

I stood and stripped out of my shorts and t-shirt. I grabbed the clothes and started dressing.

"So, why didn't you ask S & D to babysit?"

"I just didn't want to bother them." I pulled the pants up and tucked the bottom of the blouse inside.

Meg walked over and fixed the back of the blouse. "What's the real reason?"

"What are you talking about?"

Meg spun me around so that I was facing her.

"What's the real reason you didn't ask them to come over?"

"I just told you."

"Bullshit. Jo and Ju are their daughters and I happen to know that they love those girls and would do anything for them. Including watching them while you go out. So, why didn't you just ask them?"

I should have known that I wouldn't have been able to keep anything away from Meg. She knew me too well. I walked over and plopped down on the bed. Meg walked back into the closet and returned carrying a pair of olive pumps. She knelt in front of me and helped me slide them on.

"They asked me out."

"What?" Meg sat back on her heels and looked up at me.

"Sean and Drew. They asked me out. I'm supposed to go out with Drew next week."

"That's great. What's the problem?"

"There's no problem. I just didn't think it was right to have them come over while I go out on a date."

"I can see how that would be weird." Meg stood and grabbed my makeup kit.

"Just something light."

"Always."

She pulled my vanity stool over and got to work on my makeup.

"I just hope this date works out tonight and maybe it'll lead to a second date."

"That would be nice. It would also be nice if things worked out between you and the guys."

"I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"It's clear that they're a couple. There's nothing wrong with that. I have no problems. They want to be a part of their daughters' lives and as long as they hold up their end we're good. But how would that work with the three of us?"

"It's called a polyamorous relationship and it happens more than you think."

"Yeah, well, that's all fine and dandy for the people involved in it but it's not for me."

Meg put everything away and looked at me.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just want you to be happy and if you can have an open mind about Sean and Drew being a couple, maybe it's possible to open your mind just a little bit wider."

"Meg-"

"You should go. You're going to be late and me and the girls have a full night of eating sugar."

"If they are hyped up you are staying over."

"Get out of here chick."

I shook my head as I stood and grabbed my purse.

"Get comfortable," I said as I walked out.