twenty-one ⋆ the best evans

❝swiss cities remind me of the kid at high school who's great at sports, has perfect hair, the best girlfriend, and the teachers all love him. he's just too perfect.❞
– rick steves

"Holy shit! Chuck, your hair!" 

Keanu chuckled at the cheerful tone in her voice accompanied by her wide-eyed expression staring back at him through his laptop screen. 

"Skeeter, you saw the hair the last time we talked which was yesterday."

"I know! Just ─ wow! You look hot!"

He hid his blushing face behind his face but he was sure it didn't do any good. Hell, Keanu himself knew he wasn't fooling anyone. When he lowered his hand and placed it underneath his chin, he tried his best to withhold a smile. At this, he observed how Skeeter's face lit up. 

"Aw, you're blushing, Chuck! I wonder why since you're such a Hollywood hunk. You must be swimming in your fountain of compliments."

"Okay, now you're just messing with me again." 

Skeeter feigned a shocked expression mouth agape and hands placed on either side of her cheeks for more emphasis. 

"I would never! But, really. I dig this scruffy look even though you complain about your patchy beard."

"You really remembered that?" 

"Of course." 

"I ranted about my stupid beard, didn't I? It just never seems to  "

"Grow evenly in the right places? I know, I know." 

It was Skeeter's turn to chuckle. 

"But, hey, just because my boyfriend doesn't have a perfect beard, it doesn't mean he looks ugly!"

"Your boyfriend, huh?"

Skeeter smiled proudly that it had squinted her eyes a bit.

"Yep! I. . .hope that's okay?"

"More than okay." 

"Okay!"

"Why are you so. . .spirited?"

"Oh. Well, my sleep schedule is messed up because of I'm in Switzerland for the SAT Awards which I'll probably lose because ─ oh god ─ my freaking research or article or whatever it is just sucks!" 

"Skeeter ─ " 

"I mean, I just basically ranted how the U.S. HealthCare System sucks ass because an ambulance trip to a hospital costs four hundred dollars!"