Unlimited attempts

"so? what happened." steve said, seeing how flustered Wanda looked.

Wanda wanted to keep this to herself, something didn't feel right, she pouted just thinking about it.

she sighs "the Stephen he's um, with is actually his boyfriend in the other universe."

"No way," Scott exclaims spilling bits of coffee.

"oh my, wait, what if y' know." bucky bites his lip.

"bucky!" steve slaps his shoulder.

"what?" he chuckles

"yeah so, that leaves it clear that they're fine and-"

"Wanda? I'm sorry for interrupting but I have a question." bruce said

"Yeah, I have one too."

"mhmm-" she replies looking up.

"did tony mention anything about universe frequencies?"

"oh yeah I almost forgot, he agreed with it, he said 'looks like my science bro had figured it out.'" Wanda said imitating tony.

the crew laughed.

"um, what was your question sam?"

"oh yeah, are we still gonna go, fetch em'."

"Uh about that, Tony said, ever since day one he's tried to get Stephen to come back home, but he refuses, us going over there isn't going to make a difference. I say we give it three more days, hopefully, it's not too late.

back in Hawaii-

"Thanks for taking me out to eat Stephen,"

the duo was currently walking out of the small cafe

"don't mention it."

"um, remember when I promised I was going to get you home," Tony said looking up from the ground as they walked.

"yea, I remember what about it?"

"well in order to uh, help you out, I'm assuming, since I haven't talked to anyone about it, I think that only your powers can get you back." Tony lied, oh did it feel horrible but it was for the greater good.

"so you want me to return?"

"well, yeah," Tony gulped.

slight pause with nothing but a groan.

"Tony, I don't feel so good."

"uh, Stephen!"

"Stephen, Stephen can you create a portal for me, please can you do that, just try,"

deep down, tony really wanted to say things, things couples did, that he loved him, but you can't comfort someone with a lie.

"o-okay."

"that's right, good you're doing good."