Chapter 24

[3rd Person POV]

"There's a full moon tonight! Let's have a moon-viewing party!!!"
Shirogane did a childish cheer, obvious excitement being his expression.

"You sure are excited. What are you suddenly going on about?"
Asked Fujiwara with Shinomiya just beside her.

Shirogane: "That's what I always wanted to ask you, but whatever."

Shirogane grabbed the fan Shinomiya gave to him on his birthday and flicked it open.

"It's the harvest moon tonight! If you don't look at the sky on a night like that, it's a loss of a lifetime."

He then gestured to the various utensils that're gonna be used for tonight's party.

"I've already prepared everything. I even got permission to use the roof. So, call your parents and tell them you're gonna be late."
His eyes sparkled like how a child would, he's also talking in a fast pace.

Y/N was just listening with his eyes closed, taking a small break as he just pranked the Middle School section of Shuuchi'in.

Fujiwara let out an "Ah~!" And
Y/N opened one of his eyes to see her wearing bunny ears.
(AH↑ HA↓ HA↓ HA↓)

"But isn't this a bit too sudden?"
Fujiwara asked, unaware that she's already being picture taken by the Supreme Leader.

"No! I heard tonight will be ideal for stargazing! With the full moon and the forecast, we've just got to do it!"

With how Shirogane was fussing over this and how he's desperately wanting to go with everyone, it's safe to say that this is another important moment of his life.

Y/N already felt obliged to stay out of their way in order for them to have fun.

"On the sacred night of the full moon, give me the power of the rabbit, rabbit! Boing-Boing!"

Shirogane continued to act like a child as a way to show his excitement over later's event.

"Oh, why not? I'm in."
Ishigami suddenly spoke from behind, catching the two girls' attention.

"This student council will be disbanded soon. This may be our last chance to throw caution to the wind."
He added with a sad look on his face.

Y/N took note of this expression and already made up his mind to stay out of their way of having fun.

He also realizes that he's grown soft due to how often he stays around influential people like Fujiwara, Kei, and the whole student council.

Normally, he'd be motivated to ruin their lives even more.

Y/N guesses because he sees them as friends more than random people he can mess with.

After all, they're kind enough to deal with his bullsh*t while sometimes even bailing him out of situations, even if he would come to know later on.

"Well, I have things to do, see ya later."
Y/N approached the door without looking back and is about to leave, until someone grabbed his arm.

He looked back to see Shirogane with a serious expression.

"You're not gonna go with us?"

"Why would I?"

"As Ishigami said, this might be our last chance to do this, since the Student Council will be disbanded soon."

"Then go have fun, I guess? I'm not even part of the council."

"That may be so, but it wouldn't feel complete without you annoying us."
Shinomiya suddenly added with a closed-eyed smile