Chapter 2: The Secret

"Good morning, Zoey." My mom said as I walked into the kitchen. "Hey." I said as I picked up a piece of bacon. "Caleb just left and I don't have work today so I'll drive you." My mom said as she picked up her car keys. "Mom and I tell you something?" "Yes, of course you can." My mom said as she sat down at the kitchen table. She motioned for me to sit across from her. I did as she asked and sat down. "So last night when I went to bed I saw a notification on Instagram," I began, "so I clicked on it and it was a request from some famous Internet kid." I looked at my mom's reaction. She had a blank face. "Mom are you ok?" I said placing my hand on hers. "W-who was i-i-it?" She stuttered out. "Hayes Grier." I said and saw a wave of worry wash over her. She stood up and started pacing across the room. "No no no no" she mumbled. "Mom?" "Get in the car." She said starring out the window. "But-" "Now!" She said grabbing her car keys and running outside. I followed behind her grabbing my backpack. I met her in the car. Neither of us said a word for at least 10 minutes. I guess we were both lost deep in thought.

--------Hayes POV--------

   "Hey dad?" I yelled across the house. "He's not home!" Nash yelled. "Where is he?" I said as I walked down the stairs into the living room where Nash was sitting on his phone. "Went to a meeting. He should be back in an hour or so." "Do you know where he keeps all his important documents?" I asked sitting down in a chair across from Nash. "Why?" He said looking up from his phone. "I need a copy of my birth certificate for a thing at school." I said. "Upstairs in his office. Fifth cabinet down." Nash said as he went back onto his phone. "Thanks." I said standing up. "If anyone finds out, I wasn't the one who told you." Nash said before I went upstairs. I walked into my dads office and went to the cabinet. I opened it and searched until I came across my birth certificate. Underneath mine there was another one I had never seen before. I picked it up and read it aloud. "'Zoey Grace'"I read the birth date and it was the same as mine. "Nash!" I yelled "What?" He yelled back. "Do you know a Zoey Grace?" I yelled to him. "No. What's the last name?" "Same as ours" I said.